Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know there are a whole bunch of seat threads on here, but I figured what's 1 more going to hurt???? So here goes.... I have been looking for a new seat for a little while now and I finally decided (thanks to the help from letit flight) on which 1 to use. I found a vn900 seat on e-bay for $50.00 plus shipping. I figured that not to be so bad a price when considering the price of a mustang or corbin. The seat is in perfect condition / no rips, tears, cracks and does not even look like it has ever graced anyone's ass for a throne. I had to shave some of the front plastic lip down that slides under the metal bracket toward the tank / helped the fit for the front. For the rear, I used / get ready, -----------HEATER HOSE! I know you are thinking,,, what the??? Well, let me tell you that it worked awesome! The new seat had stock bolts already mounted on the bottom side toward the back and I was in need of some sort of bracket system to hold down the rear of the seat. The hose came in handy for flexibility / bending and twisting / I tried to use aluminum straps, but could not make it work. I know this is not an ideal way of doing this, but sometimes you have to be creative when you have limited resources. Enough babbling from me, the pics are below and if anyone has another way for securing the rear, I'm all ears! By the way, the seat fit almost perfect / for anyone still looking to 86 the hideous sissy bar set-up.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
i am trying to sell my 1980 camaro project car(nice way of sayin worn out) and if i can get a good bit for it i was planning on getting a 900 seat and doing the turn signals exactly like yours and maybe some ape hangers, did you have any issues with doing the turn signals like that?

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
oh, and i forgot to mention how good that looks and i like the quick thinkin with the heater hose, sounds like something i would do!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks blackoctober. No, I didn't have any problems with doing the turn signals. I took off the brake light assembly to see if there was room and to my surprise, it had plenty of room on the inside to drill and mount the new turn signals. I purchased mine new on e-bay for $15.00 (a pair). I ordered 2 sets / 1 for the front and 1 for the rear. As far as the front goes, I have not yet figured a way to mount them without it looking like something Sanford and Son would do / lol. It's getting there, just takes time and money!

·
Registered
47 Posts
This looks really sweet. Nice work.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
That is pimp! I am waiting for mine from Corbin. Since the guy who i contracted to build me a seat with sharkskin and tooled leather is basically failing to be a real man. Sob story about his wife divorcing him and stuff. I will figure out how he will return my money somehow....its either that or talk to guido :)

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Hey jmcclure, do you still have the pics of the heater hose mod? I might be getting a 900 seat and I'm really interested to see how you did that. Thanks

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I can`t see any pics in the thumbnail attachments on the OP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts