Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first mods:) removed windshield, hi way bars, sissy bar, and replaced seat with a vn900 seat. I like the look so far. What's the best way to polish the brackets I modified that hold the rear turn signals?

Attachments

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Post up some more pics, including the mount for the seat! I love the 900 seat mod, makes our bikes look killer.

Btw your 86 (or 85?) is in great shape. Really well taken care of!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swapped over the bolts mounts to the new seat after checking three times and drilling once. then simply bolted to the frame. checked for strength with the wife on the back the cut the turn signal brackets and reinstalled.

Attachments

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I wonder what that old seat was from? Doesn't look stock.. maybe a modified stock seat.

Also is that an old wet style battery? You'd probably benefit upgrading to an AGM style if so! :)

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
ohh yea... he posted that question himself when he bought the bike.. I think the consensus was it came off of a suzuki or something like that.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
got a front fender ext too . and diff bars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ slimvulcanrider.
As for beer and a saws all Check out the former turn signal/backrest brackets. Original question was how do I polish up the metal after slicing and dicing. But I think I found some ideas in another thread. Bear with me guys I'm newto bikes. Used to ride motor bike as a kid. This is new territory.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'll tell you what I did...may be cheating. :) My rails were in really good shape so I just went over them a little with some Never Dull. The parts where I cut them, I filed and then sanded it smooth. Then I put some chrome-looking HVAC tape over the cuts and trimmed it to shape. Shines better than I could have done with trying to polish it myself. Of course I just happened to have that tape left over so it was free for me to do it that way.

This is similar to what I used:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts