Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold! Thanks. Lock it down Mods please.

Have a VN 900 standard seat already modified for the 750 for sale. No tears but some scuffing from my boots. Looks good. Has the plate with bolt to run through rear fender. You'll just have to drill a hole in the rear fender and mount it. Wanted a fancier one with gel and studs. It's on the way so this one must go.

Prefer MO to PP. They rape you. If you have trader or are an established member I'll ship as soon as mine arrives, other wise will wait till MO clears.
Thanks.

$50 plus shipping

PICS;

http://s285.photobucket.com/user/birdhunter02/media/momomo024.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s285.photobucket.com/user/birdhunter02/media/momomo026.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I just sold a part several weeks ago for around $35, was charged like .87 cents. How is that rape, lol? Who trusts money orders now a days?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
You can also elect to have the buyer pay the fees if you want.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sold a heavy vintage receiver last month and they charged me on the shipping? And I didn't charge enough. Cost $20 more.
No more.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Who trusts money orders now a days?
I been using postal MOs fer years...theyre cheap, and you can cash em at any PO....

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Code:
I been using postal MOs fer years...theyre cheap, and you can cash em at any PO....
Yeah they are great for people you know or trust, but also the number one way peeps wanna try and scam you. When eBay first came out I tried purchasing a set of rims for my truck. The eBay sight had a warning about conducting business through email, and using mo's, but I never noticed that till after the fact. Anyway I sent $1500 to someone with a fake identity who lives somewhere in Jamaica queens. Birdhunter I'm not in any way saying your not trustworthy, just didn't realise money orders were still an option for sending money "outside the family" .

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been using MO for years. Haven't had any problems, but that's why the wait if it's a newby. PP isn't safe either. Did you know they can cancel a payment after you ship? Heard a few horror stories.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Oh ,I'm sure. Crooks are smart these days. Some anyway!

·
Registered
468 Posts
i would hate to rip someone off especially buying motorcycle stuff. karma sucks and it's worse on 2 wheels lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Usually, when I do online stuff from a privateer I dont know, I ask for a phone number and call em (about details, ahem)....this way its easier to trace em...if they give ya the number freely, yer generally safe (conversation tells a lot too)....if they refuse to give a number...fook em and walk away...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
did i miss the price?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Money orders

Don't remember which bank but has anyone seen the commercial about taking a picture of a check, sending it electronically to the bank and they deposit it? Thing is you still have a perfectly legitimate un-canceled check in your hand.
I sell MO's at my job and we will not cash or let you return a MO as of the last few months. Whatever bank it was made that scam pretty easy. Not sure how long this will last cause who do you think will have the legal right to that $$, the institution or person with the un-canceled check (or MO) or the one with a picture of it??

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Birdhunter, I'm thinking you need to start a thread on selling your seat, being as how this is a paypal thread.:hitanykey

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Birdhunter, I'm thinking you need to start a thread on selling your seat, being as how this is a paypal thread.:hitanykey
I was thinking the same thing, but their keeping it on the new post list. :smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...Pickles...got any more of whatever yer doin ?

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
If the seat is still available in a month or so, I would like it, but unless another member that has been on here for a long time can personally vouch for you, I won't sent a money order... check maybe, that way it can be traced.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I can vouch for him, he is an honest and trustworthy guy...that is if my word means anything lol.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I thought I remembered someone else knowing him. If you vouch for him Mike, then if it's still available in a month or so, I will try to work it out.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If the seat is still available in a month or so, I would like it, but unless another member that has been on here for a long time can personally vouch for you, I won't sent a money order... check maybe, that way it can be traced.
Usually, I look for trader comments. I have as many as you, so that's usually a good indicator.
Right now I'm having a discussion with a Canadian from here, It all depends on shipping costs. So will keep you posted.

P.S. Mikes not that trustworthy...;) (just kidding)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts