Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this today VN900 Nice, but don't like the skinny front wheel.

DT

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
That is the Special Edition 900

·
2,502 Posts
Really sharp looking bike, they had one sitting at the dealer last time I went in to get the 0-ring for my spline lube.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Saw this today VN900 Nice, but don't like the skinny front wheel.DT
Same here DT, I think if I could have had one with those SE tins and a chromed out engine/exaust etc., plus a bit fatter front wheel & tire, that probably would be what I would be ridin today...
HD is sellin the heck out of the dark bikes, Nightsters etc., but I don't want one... I'll take mine with a bit of chrome please, but then there is chocolate ...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Everyone's biggest compaint about this bike seems to be the skinny front tire. I still think it looks pretty sharp, I like the spokes on the front rim. I can't get seem to get my head around where the rear shocks are though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Everyone's biggest compaint about this bike seems to be the skinny front tire. I still think it looks pretty sharp, I like the spokes on the front rim. I can't get seem to get my head around where the rear shocks are though.
A co-worker rides a 900, his uses a mono shock setup, forward of the rear wheel. DT's pic must be a newer model or a special edition I guess, my co-workers bike has a wider front tire

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Custom trim level comes with 41 mm front forks at a 33º rake/7.2” of trail, a 21” cast front wheel and 15” cast rear wheel. Rear suspension is Softail-style single-shock, hidden under the seat for a hardtail look. Slightly forward-set footpegs and a gunfighter-style seat contribute to the sporting cruiser look.

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/kawasaki/a/Kawasaki_Vulcan_900_Special_Edition.htm

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I saw a chrome one when they first came out a few years ago. Can't get my head around the skinny front wheel on the custom, and the non matching wheels. Seems like you'd get some weird wind action with a dish wheel on the back and open mag on the front. Don't know. Seems like a big bike for that skinny of a wheel though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts