Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing the 900 Classic seat on my 94'. For step by step information I made an album on my profile. Basically took what other members have done and made a few tweaks of my own. Any questions feel free to ask.

I'm interested in adding a sissy bar, so if anyone knows what ones work best let me know.

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
I'm interested in adding a sissy bar, so if anyone knows what ones work best let me know.
Find Chuck's thread on his 900 seat. He used a sissy bar from a Honda .. Shadow maybe?

·
1986 VN750
163 Posts
Nice! I literally just got the same seat and was contemplating how to mount it.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Found a 900 seat for $19.95 in Wash. state, but the business won't ship it. Their excuse was, don't have a box to put it in. Every other location for this business ships seats all the time. lol

·
1986 VN750
163 Posts
Found a 900 seat for $19.95 in Wash. state, but the business won't ship it. Their excuse was, don't have a box to put it in. Every other location for this business ships seats all the time. lol
Tell em to slap a stamp on it and throw it in the mailbox hahaha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's stupid cheap... Any friends or family of yours or have you looked forr any members out that way who could pick it up and ship it for a few bucks or barter?

I found my seat on craigslist for $100 pretty much new. Old guy had bought a new 900 and put a mustang seat on it. Told me on the phone it's $100 even won't even consider less haha...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
Isn't slim out by Seattle?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Just finished installing the 900 Classic seat on my 94'. For step by step information I made an album on my profile. Basically took what other members have done and made a few tweaks of my own. Any questions feel free to ask.

I've got 1500 sissy bar and the side plates laying around, let me know the measurement from outside of one side that you want to use as a mounting point to the outside of the other side and I'll measure this one. If it fits, you can have it for cheap , you'll just need a pad. I put a tour pack on mine rendering this useless to me.

Btw "for cheap" means actual shipping cost. I'm thinking that's cheap enough

Reactions: VulcanRod

·
Registered
8,453 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Denny that would be amazing! I really appreciate the offer, I should be able to to get those measurements tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got 1500 sissy bar and the side plates laying around, let me know the measurement from outside of one side that you want to use as a mounting point to the outside of the other side and I'll measure this one. If it fits, you can have it for cheap , you'll just need a pad. I put a tour pack on mine rendering this useless to me.

Btw "for cheap" means actual shipping cost. I'm thinking that's cheap enough
The bolts closest to the brake light are 8 1/2 inches, the next set of bolts closest to the seat are at 10 inches, those are where the original bar/glove box mounted to. I've seen some guys just use the ones at 81/2" with a bracket. Let me know what that bar measures Denny, Thanks Again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your mounting system to familiar.:surprise:

Absolutely Chuck! I don't think I've told you Thank You directly yet, but your post was a BIG inspiration for the way I mounted mine. Couldn't of done it with out you man! Instead of taking the cover off and having it reupholstered I just used self tapping screws to the hold the sheet metal on. I do hvac so I had extra metal laying around, work with what you have ya know ;) Really the only difference is I added to the second set of feet on the seat instead of using the pvc and I shaved done the 1/2" square bar so it didn't catch on the sides of the seat, the 900 Classic is pretty wide on the 750. Thanks again Chuck!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts