Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share my project with everyone; i've seen a lot of questions with regards to swapping the stock VN750 dual seat with a solo seat. I had the same question, but no one really had a response (that I could find satisfactory), so I just went for it. The attached picture is the result.

Now, I was a machinist and I have a Bridgeport, so this wasn't trivial by any means. It was, however, pretty straight forward once I figured out what needed to happen. The seat frame is coming off, but I took this picture RIGHT after I mounted the seat. Still needs a couple more things to complete, but this seat worked great, and only cost me $75 on Ebay. It's a Harley solo seat (not sure what bike it's from specifically).

Let me know if you had questions, otherwise just wanted to share!

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
That looks good! Do you have plans for the backrest (leaving it on, taking it off)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the backrest is coming off The main reason i did this was to build a luggage rack on the back so I can carry a backpack.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Cool idea. I'll be interested to see how you do that as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll post pictures when i'm done. The rack will carry a backpack on top and have the ability to slide in 50cal ammo cans on either side like saddlebags.

·
Rookie Rider
56 Posts
I'm excited to see final product. I'd really like to change out my dual also. Don't know where to begin as far as how to attach and materials needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts