Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,824 Posts
Ugly? They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, guess the dik that wrote that up just had no sence of adventure. Ugly is also a point of style... because it stands out from the norm. Anytime I hear someone say the "styling of the Vulcan is dated"...I just laugh and ask why folks like 57 chevy's and pugs. You have to be pretty cool to own a "ugly" bike, and not believe in trends.

So Fuk this guy, the Vulcan 750 is beautiful.

KM

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I owned a Virago and now own a VN750. In my eyes, both are BEAUTIFUL bikes!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I've never found a motor cycle I couldn't find something to like about it.Even if it is just the fact that has two wheels and a motor,I will say that I have always thought that the early eighties bikes and not just the cruisers looked like they were designed by committee and it took the people that rode them to correct the factory compromises, and make what they should be out of them.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Ugly makes us special ;-) i.e. Edsel, corvair, pacer, gremlin...

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
I can always see something cool in any bike. Sometimes it's just under a ton of extra crap slapped all over it. I have to agree on the boat-tail Harleys though, wtf?

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I, too, like the ears. It is the first thing I look for when I see something similar whizzing past me to see if I can identify it quicker. I shall not do an ear shave.
But to each their own.
I love my Vulcan.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Personally I'd have to agree with some of those bikes on that list...that BMW hurts my eyes! Guess I'm just not a big BMW fan.

I've always liked the Virago style bikes, especially that 1100. To me the Vulcan 750 is a beautifully refined version of that style....with glorious ears....I want to keep my hearing!

Besides, It's hard to believe that anyone could sell an "ugly" bike for 20 YEARS!

·
Boston Vulcan Rider
20 Posts
same here, i remember when looking at bikes, i was looking at the vulcan, virago and shadow. the shadow being the not-as-sweet cruiser, then the virago, and the vulcan was a gorgeous cruiser I was after. Come to see, a friend's father has a virago 1100, and it's a pretty gorgeous bike in its own right. The vulcan though... it IS different, but I think perfectly personifies the cruiser look, without being a damn harley. that list was definitely made by a harley rider. nothing against them... too much... but why've they gotta be against everything else so badly?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Who ever made that list obviously just doesn't like that style of bike....who cares what he thinks, right?

·
Dave
95 Posts
Makes me love my Vulcan even more! Ears and all my stock stuff!!!

Must be a Harley guy. Like somebody really thought out where they were putting all that stuff on the sides of them. I pity his narrow mindness.

Dave

Gotta run to the bank, think I'll pull the bike out. Check in with ya guys later..........:motorcycl

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
I think the author just doesn't like 80's cruisers. Almost every bike listed was an 80's cruiser or styled after them (i.e. the BMW).

R

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
You have to ride your own ride.

It is hard to find a bike that is truly ugly. Some have unfortunate specific features.
I am the only guy I know who thinks the Indian was overdone.

This guy was just compensating for being so damned ugy, himself!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts