Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anybody know if the thermostat and fan switch on a vn750 can be replaced with another japanese substitute? for example, a cheaper car version out of some honda civic or something available from autozone for peenies compared to kawasaki parts? thanx for any input:beerchug:

update: i bought a thermostat for the 79-89 honda accord from autozone for $6.99. compared to the $30.00 plus kawasaki dealers want this is a great piece of advice! thanx to all!

still looking for a fan switch substitute, any ideas???

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
What a lot of folks have done to avoid paying the cost of replacing the fan switch is to make it a manual switch, i.e., hook up a toggle to the switch and flip it on/off yourself. I've done it in the past and it works fine - just don't foget to flip it off when you've parked the bike!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Just scanned eBay; a second option is to purchase a used radiator and take the fan switch, if it's usable. I asked the seller about item # 150630664686
and here was his response:

hello,, yes the temp sensor for fan is still in it ,,but to be honest the spade for the wire was bent over from the weight of the radiator setting on it on shelf,,and i straightened it up with my finger and it feels weak but is still there and probably would'nt give you a problem if you was cafeful and didnt have to bend it back and forth anymore ,,just wanted you to know ,,maybe its just weak metal not sure,,thanks for your interest scott

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
A little more info from the seller:

cool,,let them know they can email me at ([email protected]) i have two bends of the bike let and i dont deal with these bikes iam a virago and goldwing harley guy so these parts are in my way and taking up valuble space on my shelfs at this point,,thanks scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts