Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow VN750 rider/enthusiast,

I am organizing a VN750 Tech Day for 6/28 to start at 11:00AM. The location will be Hackettstown, NJ 07840 which is off exit 26 of I-80 westbound. This is mostly to allow any VN750 owners (including former and future ones) to meet up. We already have planned to perform a spline lube on a member's bike. If you are within driving/riding distance please join us.
Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll add you to the mailing list for the address.

Ken

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful idea.
I'd like to be there, but the 6 hr ride might be a problem, as I'll probably have to work that day :doh:

Are you planning to do any video How-To's for any of the work?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No plans for video taping any of the procedures that may be performed. We'll probably just have enough time to perform the spline lube and a brake fluid flush. The spline lube has already been well documented by Fergy.

Ken

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the idea of the Tech Day. Always looking to learn more about my ride. i did a rear drive swap about a year ago that went well. Sorry I can't make it this weekend but keep me in the loop for the next one. Philly area here.

Ken

·
Registered
9 Posts
:zzz:
I just stumbled across this. So, how did it go? All well?
We're in Flemington, if I'd seen this sooner we may have ridden up to meet a few and sponge some tips.
Gonna do a tech day again? Next year? Or is this something that just pulled together?
hmm, 15 more and I'll have 20...

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Yes, I would love a "tech day", I am very interested in getting more hands on with my bike but have been afraid to deal with some sensitive stuff completely on my own for the first time with just a book and grainy B&W photos to guide me.

Doing a spline lube, bleeding the brakes (if it can be done solo, or is it always a 2+ person job?), carb cleaning or jetting, and ACCT/Grambo Tricking would be of particular interest!

(Heck, if there are any local experts I'd be just as happy or happier to do a mini-session, or even a one-on-one, and spring for a nice dinner!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can fit in.

This is a great post and makes me think of where I can fit in. I do a little bit of everything mentioned here and I guess I have to find my competitive advantage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts