Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,464 Posts
Nothing wrong with collecting, if that’s what you’re doing. People collect all kinds of stuff. The issue I had was with someone buying a patch from an event that was only available to those that actually attended, and wearing it si others would assume they were there … when they were not. It be a bit of an insult to us that did go to the event and actually “earned” the patch.

· Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Here is the Patch in question !!!!!!!!!! It doesn't say the year, just "THE GATHERNING' You could apply that to today!! I think I am beginning to be sorry I even saved it !!!!
Don't be sorry. Like all questions of ethics, there are usually many arguments/sides to the issue.

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,044 Posts
I don't even know how we got there, other than some wild assumptions.

The man offered a patch, not a persona.

I can see how this logic can be applied to other things, all you have to do is twist the hell out of it.

Looks like there's been some editing of the earlier post. I think The Moderator should delete ALL off topic posts in this thread and let the two interested parties complete their business, in peace.

· Administrator
2006 VN750
1,013 Posts
I don't even know how we got there, other than some wild assumptions.

The man offered a patch, not a persona.

I can see how this logic can be applied to other things, all you have to do is twist the hell out of it.

Looks like there's been some editing of the earlier post. I think The Moderator should delete ALL off topic posts in this thread and let the two interested parties complete their business, in peace.
I see no reason to go that far. It happens all the time. If the OP insists, we'll do it.

· FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,582 Posts
Are you telling me that if someone showed up at a Freebirds MC rally with a Freebirds MC patch that they bought from someone else that you wouldn't be a little peeved? Because that's exactly what we're discussing.
Like I said, that would be a great way to make friends... Sarcastic emoji entered here. Wink wink, nudge nudge

Reactions: Spockster

16,582 Posts

16,582 Posts
I see no reason to go that far. It happens all the time. If the OP insists, we'll do it.
Off topic on vn750.com? NEVER.(I really need to invent a sarcasm emoji and patent it)

16,582 Posts
Maybe the forum should only be open to people that still ride a VN750. How would that be? Can't have stolen valor.
I don't ride one, but I own three and enough parts to build a fourth...

Reactions: ruger and Spockster
21 - 38 of 38 Posts