Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
$1800 isn't a bad price. Just sold my 1998 for that. Had a bunch of extra due dads but more miles. Some people are funny when it comes to rides. If you gave him some cash to hold on to, he should have let you ride. He wouldn't buy a car without a test drive. Go for what you know, Suzuki get's my vote.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I didnt really like the 900 custom as it has the skinny front wheel and wimpy forks.....what i did however fall in love with, was the 900 Classic....not the Classic LT with the fairing and stuff, just the plain Classic....there's just so much you can do with it after, too.....almost looks like my Bessie....and its got SPOKES !!!!!! :pepper:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am all for not having spokes EVER again. They are a bitch to keep clean, you cannot use fix a flat to get home if necessary. Nearly every bike I have owned has had spokes and I'm pretty much done with them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've got both the 750 and 900 parked out back. Both are great bikes. At this point, I would say to go with the 900. I think that there are overall less problems with the bike. To be honest, the only thing with the 900 that I am aware of being an issue is same as the 750. Supposedly the stators have a habit of giving out. However, the stators on the 900 can be changed without removing the engine from the frame, so that's a bit plus.

Also, I'm not sure why anyone would say the bike is too slow for sustained highway speed, I can pull an easy indicated 85mph all day long on the thing. A lot of people complain about heavy vibrations at highway speeds, but I don't see the problem.

Options for reducing the vibrations at high speeds would be to swap out the belt gears, and maybe swapping out the rear tire for a bigger one.

The idea for getting the 750 now and then saving up more money for the 900 later seems like a good idea to me.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
They are a bitch to keep clean, you cannot use fix a flat to get home if necessary.
So, I guess yer a lazy yuppie biker, and never got yer hands dirty, lol....learn to do a "hot patch" noob........wow.....what's fix a flat ?....

I cant believe this place anymore....lazy new members bitchin....new members preachin....Im goin to where REAL bikers are...."CC"....tired of the crap here.....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts
So, I guess yer a lazy yuppie biker, and never got yer hands dirty, lol....learn to do a "hot patch" noob........wow.....what's fix a flat ?....

I cant believe this place anymore....lazy new members bitchin....new members preachin....Im goin to where REAL bikers are...."CC"....tired of the crap here.....
Was just on there today for sum inspiration.saw a killer goldwing where the dude took out the gas tank, made a center downtube, and put a rebel gas tank and fender on it.lowered the sheit outta it with rebel shocks.so yea I get it
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

I'm am unsure of your definition of REAL bikers is, but I do know this. One definition that fits me is not having even owned a 4 wheeled vehicle for over 8 years and having to ride my bike(s) to work each and every day. Even if it means riding 30 miles home from work in tropical storm conditions, 40+ mph winds and driving rain. Having the luxury of non-spoked wheels in the event of a flat, especially the front, and being able to use some sealant just to get home ranks pretty high for me.

I'll accept some crap seeing as I am new here, but making assumptions about a person you know nothing about is .... well you know what they say about assumptions.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Plenty here will help you if possible and appreciate your contribution. I am one such. Try not to judge the entire group.
x2 !

:smiley_th

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I am not passing judgement on anyone at all. Just looking to learn from the group and hopefully acquire another Kawasaki. All is good.
There are 'old grumps' in every forum. Nothing new to me...

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Oh Ohh. Wolfies off his meds again...:)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Dnont mind me Dm........and actually, back ON the meds because I was gettin chest pains without.....

Just that I seen too many noobs to bikin talkin a lotta sheit lately....I almost quit due to them...i was the only one callin em on their crap....

I dont need extra agrivation...thats why I only come here mebbe 2x/wk now.....

Fook you bil.....btw.....stop talkin outta yer rectum....

21 - 34 of 34 Posts