Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Still kicking myself for missing the one that sold for less than $30 on Ebay.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
The back rest sold for $36.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The back rest sold for $36.
how do you figure that?

Starting bit was $75 and no bids were made before the listing ended.
What did I mis?

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Ok, it was the same backrest, and that last one must have been the third listing. I think the seller might be having trouble setting a reserve. The same item yesterday ended at $36. Then it was relisted today starting at $30, then ended again.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Ok, it was the same backrest, and that last one must have been the third listing. I think the seller might be having trouble setting a reserve. The same item yesterday ended at $36. Then it was relisted today starting at $30, then ended again.
seemed odd to me that he had no "best offer" option on it or I would have grabbed it.

Ohh well...I got one coming from another means....bartering is always a better option for me when money is tight anyway. :beerchug:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
that is interesting.. missing 2 yrs...

also, thats not a bad price for the rear gearset. splines looked fairly good too.
Yep, we were posting here last week about those forward controls for $45, then the two years worth went poof after that.

The luggage rack has a little rust on the bottom side, but the top looked ok.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Yea I definitely posted in 2014 here, so wonder where those posts went. The ghost in the machine is expanding!

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Yea I definitely posted in 2014 here, so wonder where those posts went. The ghost in the machine is expanding!
But the new system is fantastic isn't it? Many guys wanted a new system and now you really want it to work properly also. I think the site supporters should cough up some extra cash so it can get fixed. lol Someone has to pay for it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,078 Posts
I'll sell my brain for research

Reactions: denny6006

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'll sell my brain for research
A worthy contribution , you ain't using it right now anyway are you? Dozens would like to see the inner workings of that gray matter :surprise:

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,078 Posts
I'd have to find it first.I think it's buried in my shop

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Tempting. Wish I felt qualified to recover it.
Same here, not much of an upholsterer. Don't know what the local shop would charge or if they would even attempt it.

Checked Day-Long | Motorcycle Seats | Russell Cycle and didn't find out much except they no longer include the VN750 on their list. Over time, this bike is becoming an orphan in the aftermarket.

There should be a few owners on here that could re-cover that seat though.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Same here, not much of an upholsterer. Don't know what the local shop would charge or if they would even attempt it.

Checked Day-Long | Motorcycle Seats | Russell Cycle and didn't find out much except they no longer include the VN750 on their list. Over time, this bike is becoming an orphan in the aftermarket.

There should be a few owners on here that could re-cover that seat though.
Day Long and Russell Cycle will recover it, they are both doing the VN750 as a "Custom Seat" and have been doing so for about 3 to 4 years now.

recovering the seat your self is not hard either.. just take your time to pull the old cover off so you can use it for a template to transfer the pattern onto your new seat material.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts