Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking all over for a set of Highway pegs for my bike with no luck. I have found a couple of places(Not easy to find stuff for this bike) that I can get the engine guard only, and then I would need to buy a set of pegs and hope they mount on correctly. Guess what? I don't want some big old peice of chrome on the front of my bike that if I need to work on the radiator I would have to remove it. So me and a buddy took a little time and developed a set of pegs that would mount on my bike with ease and you could place your feet in three diffrent positions. I have taken a couple pictures..Tell me what you think.

Remember this is only the prototype to see how well they fit and how well they feel going down the highway.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those should work just fine!
What could you make me a set for?
Any problem bending the bracket that bolts th the frame?

·
Registered
4 Posts
robgest said:
I have been looking all over for a set of Highway pegs for my bike with no luck. I have found a couple of places(Not easy to find stuff for this bike) that I can get the engine guard only, and then I would need to buy a set of pegs and hope they mount on correctly. Guess what? I don't want some big old peice of chrome on the front of my bike that if I need to work on the radiator I would have to remove it. So me and a buddy took a little time and developed a set of pegs that would mount on my bike with ease and you could place your feet in three diffrent positions. I have taken a couple pictures..Tell me what you think.

Remember this is only the prototype to see how well they fit and how well they feel going down the highway.
Howdy~
I like the look of those highway pegs you made.. good job!
What tare the chances you can make me a set? How much if so??
Thanks
Johnny

·
Registered
495 Posts
CCspinner, I was thinking about getting a set, but I am wondering if they will be too far away for my 30 inch inseam. Is it possible that you could measure the length of the stretch? I would really like a pair, but I don't want to put them on if my feet can't reach them. Also, do you take Visa?
kait:smiley_th

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have a 30 intch inseam also, works good not a strech. Very comfortable.
Quote from Amanda
Well friends..... thanks to Chad, my vulcan now sports HIGHWAY PEGS!

For those vulcanites who prefer their highway pegs sans engine guard, I highly recommend Chad's bracket.

They arrived quickly and with excellent instructions.

Chad, many thanks for your prompt response and quality craftsmanship.

Now... onto the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

AmandaG

I made a set for her a week ago.
I do take paypal which you can use a visa with. it is a free account that links to your Visa.
Paypal.com Let me know and I can send you a payment request. or PM me for details

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
kait said:
CCspinner, I was thinking about getting a set, but I am wondering if they will be too far away for my 30 inch inseam. Is it possible that you could measure the length of the stretch? I would really like a pair, but I don't want to put them on if my feet can't reach them. Also, do you take Visa?
kait:smiley_th
You should have no problem. Chad's a short feller. Kinda like a human daschsund. :beerchug:

Hey, wait... I resemble that statement. We both are the same height... Oh well...:pepper:

The brackets that Chad makes are awesome... And if you find that the peg is not where you want, Kury Akyn makes a mounting peg with a bend that will put the peg exactly where you need it to be. 28" to 38" inseams all can be covered by this... :notworthy

·
Registered
495 Posts
I haven't given up on the highway pegs, just have to put them off until I get the luggage debacle figured out.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
CCspinner's Hwy Pegs have the best appearance. Would like to get a pair, but Lena has so much raw power and thrust that I almost get thrown off the bike sometimes. Need to get a Windshield and backrest to keep Lena from
tossing me off.

Once I get a windshield and backrest I will be knocking on CCspinner's door
again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Long Legs

I have the opposite problem of Amanda, I have a 36" inseam will Chads highway pegs not give me enough leg room?

I have a 30 intch inseam also, works good not a strech. Very comfortable.
Quote from Amanda
Well friends..... thanks to Chad, my vulcan now sports HIGHWAY PEGS!

For those vulcanites who prefer their highway pegs sans engine guard, I highly recommend Chad's bracket.

They arrived quickly and with excellent instructions.

Chad, many thanks for your prompt response and quality craftsmanship.

Now... onto the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

AmandaG

I made a set for her a week ago.
I do take paypal which you can use a visa with. it is a free account that links to your Visa.
Paypal.com Let me know and I can send you a payment request. or PM me for details

·
Registered
141 Posts
CCSpinner I'd like a set of those highway pegs you make also, please. I'm 5'11" and am wondering if they're too close, if anything. I'd like to semi stretch out afterall......
Your design doesn't have a bar connecting the two halves. Do they "wiggle" from side to side any?
I also like the passenger handgrips you fashioned and wonder what you'd charge for those also.....
Chris C.

·
Registered
306 Posts
CC,

Are you still in the peg busness?

Your link to the pic does not work any more!

I am dying to see what they look like!

Lulu needs you help OBWAN. Your Her only Hope!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would like to purchase some too. I have a paypal account.
Let me know please!
Thx in advance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts