Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings...haven't posted here in awhile, but enjoy the site very much.

I have a nice 2005 VN750 which works pretty well for me for local rides. I'll be looking for a larger rig later when my daughter starts school in Colorado next year...probably a VN1500 Classic...but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm interested in putting a sidecar on my bike. Just for reference, I've done quite a bit of research about this, so I understand the pros and cons very well...don't need any guidance on that, particularly. Texas Sidecars has a mounting system specifically for VN750s and their Standard model sidecar, at about 140 pounds, looks just about right...

I recall that at least one person on here has a sidecar rig using a VN750 and a Velorex sidecar. I'd like to find out if anyone else has tried sidecars as well, particularly Texas Sidecars or other brands and models. If so, I'd like to solicit your comments regarding how you like your sidecar combination and how the VN750 works as a sidecar tug.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go do a search for the sidecar lady on this site and go pull up that old thread.

Thanks in advance...

Bob
VROC #24344

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just remembered...Dianna was the person who had the sidecar rig.

Other input welcome....

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Edalbris also has a sidecar. He's in the UK though, so it's mounted on the left side.
His is (I believe) custom made. As are alot of parts on the bike too.

Dianna should be by soon to fill ya in on the specifics of her set-up.

I wish ya all the best on getting the project completed. And ya know, we just gotta see pics of the process!!!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Dianna is at the Gathering now I just walked by her bike, looks good
I'm sure she will be jumping in soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts