Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all. I'm a newbie here and have my carbs off the bike and need some help and info if I can.

Some history: I bought this not knowing how much work was needed. I got it running yet it sounds boggy. When i run it down the road it hesitates and then takes off like a jet. When I have it on the kickstand it idles low yet when i have it straight up it idles up and then tilt it towards the right it almost chokes out.

We tried adjusting things and nothing seemed to work so we took them off with the intent of rebuilding and changing the jets. Any info is appreciated since the manual we have is junk. I have tried many "free" download links for the manual that is supposed to be better yet they all want you to sign up and when I do they don't seem to have what I am looking for. Bellow is some info I am looking for.

1) How do I identify that my carbs are the correct ones? I see the following on them for writing: V306 FH24. This gives me nothing online.

2) Does anyone now where I can get an actual in depth service manual for my VN750? The one I have only gives details of when the piece is needed to be taken off the bike yet nothing as to adjustments for when the part is on the bike.

3) Can I take the center piece of the exhaust and cut it and re-weld the holes in the mufflers so I can utilize it as true duel once I change the jets?

Thank you for any info you may have!!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
Sounds like sticky float needles. Read the Vulcan verses about degoating.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OleDirtyDoc! Would you now how to identify the carb and or find an actual manual for this. I've spent 2 days searching.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks michiganteddybear! Would you know of where I could get a pdf of a good maintenance/service manual for the 750 and/or the carbs? I've been everywhere and it seems most sites that say they have them don't and you have to register and sometimes pay a dollar just to find out they are not there. Thank you for any and all info!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
The manual is available for download on this forum. Has all the info you need.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Good day all. I'm a newbie here and have my carbs off the bike and need some help and info if I can.

Some history: I bought this not knowing how much work was needed. I got it running yet it sounds boggy. When i run it down the road it hesitates and then takes off like a jet. When I have it on the kickstand it idles low yet when i have it straight up it idles up and then tilt it towards the right it almost chokes out.

We tried adjusting things and nothing seemed to work so we took them off with the intent of rebuilding and changing the jets. Any info is appreciated since the manual we have is junk. I have tried many "free" download links for the manual that is supposed to be better yet they all want you to sign up and when I do they don't seem to have what I am looking for. Bellow is some info I am looking for.

1) How do I identify that my carbs are the correct ones? I see the following on them for writing: V306 FH24. This gives me nothing online.

2) Does anyone now where I can get an actual in depth service manual for my VN750? The one I have only gives details of when the piece is needed to be taken off the bike yet nothing as to adjustments for when the part is on the bike.

3) Can I take the center piece of the exhaust and cut it and re-weld the holes in the mufflers so I can utilize it as true duel once I change the jets?

Thank you for any info you may have!!!
My set of carbs has "V306 CI17" stamped on each carb.
hope this helps
WilliamTech

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Sounds like sticky float needles. Read the Vulcan verses about degoating.
Please inform me as to how a float needle and degoating are related.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems as though I am unable to access any threads except to post a new one in many folders. I can't even get into the how to use this thread "thread". LOL. I am signed in and all. How do I access the threads and folders so I can see what's on here for info and files. Was searching for the manual. Ugh.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
They aren't related, he was answering two questions. He does that. Mutters to himself sometimes too. We just say he's special.

Most VN's have the issue with leaning the bike changing how it runs. I would switch to the tw200 petcock personally. Simplifies things. Your carbs may indeed need cleaning. If they are out then bench synch them. Video of synching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc59BThqRa4

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Seems as though I am unable to access any threads except to post a new one in many folders. I can't even get into the how to use this thread "thread". LOL. I am signed in and all. How do I access the threads and folders so I can see what's on here for info and files. Was searching for the manual. Ugh.
Turn off adblock

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
They aren't related, he was answering two questions. He does that. Mutters to himself sometimes too. We just say he's special.

Most VN's have the issue with leaning the bike changing how it runs. I would switch to the tw200 petcock personally. Simplifies things. Your carbs may indeed need cleaning. If they are out then bench synch them. Video of synching.

LOL :pepper:

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Thanks michiganteddybear! Would you know of where I could get a pdf of a good maintenance/service manual for the 750 and/or the carbs? I've been everywhere and it seems most sites that say they have them don't and you have to register and sometimes pay a dollar just to find out they are not there. Thank you for any and all info!
Go here. Post 17 In Kanucks signature is the manual download
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22870&highlight=download+service+manual&page=2

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Goofyfoot2001! I think I'm going to degoat and get the kit. I like that louder sound. Yet I'm seeing conflicting info on rejetting for the true dual effect.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks M_Angell & JM2001! I have this manual and it is one of the worst ones I've owned. I was told there is a more in depth one out there. I appreciate it though!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts

That's why I like my xs400. It's a lot like me.it's a little special.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts