Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I went down to chopper fest 2 weekends ago at the local speedway to check out the scene. As I'm walking around the vendors booths I hear them announce over the PA anyone who wants to drag their bikes down the strip can for 10 bucks.. So I look around and figure what the heck. I paid my 10 bucks (unlimited number of times for 3 hrs) and signed a waiver and in line I go. off the line the bike faired pretty good against many. she walked all over a couple different 850 honda magnas. almost took a shadow 1100 but got passed in 5th gear. my best 1/4 mile time was a mind numbing 78.6 MPH (granted with large memphis shades windshield, loaded saddle bags and a back pack strapped to the back) worst defeat.. lost to a crotch rocket that mustered 148.3 in the quarter.. just missed him by a nose! Had a great pic by a guy with me at the starting line with the green light on the tree and the front end of the bike off the ground but he says he can't get it to download.. looks good on the camera anyway! Definately not the way I drive everyday but I guess for me anyways it's not 2 often I would get the chance to run down a drag strip so I took it!

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
Work on (and with) that guy! We gotta see that picture!

Sounds like a blast. Thanks for having the cahounas to prove what we all thought.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
That musta been a rush !!! :rockon:
There's a track that's kinda local that has a 'Run what ya brung' also.
Now that I know my splines are good, and if I can get to the track, I'd seriously consider doing it.
I bet ya woulda got the crotch rocket if ya didn't have the windshield on !!! LOL

And yeah, gotta get that pic !!!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dyno drag:
i've put mine on to a dynodrag during a rally in the piney wood ( east texas ).
I was very surprise on how she reacted. Better than manufacture specs.
1/4 mile 11.9 seconds at 107.2 with 69 HP....that was my best try.
Guys.......a lots of people too were amazed by the performance of this machine.
PS: note that i've rebuilt the engine not even two weeks before the try, i had 500 mile on it....so i was kind of going easy on it.....!
Go on this site to see more result on different bikes: http://www.mygreatrides.com/

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yea... 148 and change for the crotch rocket would be movin in 1/8 mile

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
1/4 mile 11.9 seconds at 107.2 with 69 HP....that was my best try.
105 1/4mi helmet started to rip my head off!
I am not trying to be smart here about whether you were at 1/4 mile or a 1/8 mile track. Here are two remark from vn750 forum owners.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I took my bike to the 1/8 mile track last summer. I ran 74.93 mph with elepsed time of 9.44 seconds.

·
Registered
707 Posts
just remember if it was on a dyno its always going to be faster because of drag.. other than that those are some pretty impressive numbers.... i didnt realize that my bike had it in her....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts