Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the parts from a vn700 will work on a vn750:doh: I found a vn 700 for $350 an thought about buying it for parts if the interchange. Can anone help?:motorcycl

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the parts from a vn700 will work on a vn750:doh: I found a vn 700 for $350 an thought about buying it for parts if the interchange. Can anone help?:motorcycl
ALL parts are the same except, pistons, cylinder sleeve, 89 up left bar switch and 91 up master cylinder. :beerchug:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
ALL parts are the same except, pistons, cylinder sleeve and master cylinder. :beerchug:
Just need a clarification, lance. I knew the front brake master cylinder changed from a rectangular to a round shape sometime before the `91 models came out, (my `91 is round). I thought that both the `85 US model 700 and all early 750`s came with the rectangular master cyl for a few years.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Looks liks I was modifying as you were posting. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
ALL parts are the same except, pistons, cylinder sleeve, 89 up left bar switch and 91 up master cylinder. :beerchug:
I believe the heads & head gaskets are different. A few 700 owners have had major problems finding the head gaskets since they are no longer in production.

Jon

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The wiring harness is different too.
The 700 and early 750's had auto cancelling turnsignals. Trying to just eliminate the auto circuit (IIRC) doesn't work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I'm going to go look at this critter tomorrow so could have some spare parts if anyone needs them the man said there was no title. If I can get it running might try for a title according to it's condition the man said it was in storage since 1992 it's a '85 with 22000 mi. Thanks for the input

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I believe the heads & head gaskets are different. A few 700 owners have had major problems finding the head gaskets since they are no longer in production.

Jon
Heads and head gasket are the same, the head has a different part # because of the color. The head gasket is the same part #, you can go to any dealer and order any part for the vn700. I don't know why they had problems finding head gaskets.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Just need a clarification, lance. I knew the front brake master cylinder changed from a rectangular to a round shape sometime before the `91 models came out, (my `91 is round). I thought that both the `85 US model 700 and all early 750`s came with the rectangular master cyl for a few years.
i know this was a few posts ago but my 91 is rectangle....

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
i know this was a few posts ago but my 91 is rectangle....
If your 91' has a rectangular M/C it was replaced, 90' was the last year for that M/C. They will swap with no problem, the lever is different. :beerchug:

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
If your 91' has a rectangular M/C it was replaced, 90' was the last year for that M/C. They will swap with no problem, the lever is different. :beerchug:
hmm would i be able to tell the diffrence between the rt and left lever to see if that side was replaced to??

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
hmm would i be able to tell the diffrence between the rt and left lever to see if that side was replaced to??
The M/C lever looks the same with a slightly different angle. M/C levers will not interchange but the clutch levers will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts