Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basic question - are the VN700 carb vacuum diaphragms the same as the VN750 carbs? The post elsewhere on this forum says there are almost no differences between the models. I am in serious need of one vacuum diaphragm because one of mine is torn and can't be repaired. I can't justify the price of a new one which is understand is about $100.

You can email directly to [email protected].

Thanks

PS - I also posted this in the newbie forum but still don't have a source for a used part.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I can't remember if Hyper posted a link to this or not, but here is a '86 set that's on eBay: 130185292842. If you run a search on "Vulcan 700/750 carburetor", you'll find a couple of merchants (e.g., R ECycle) selling carb boots and stuff. Best bet is to email them and tell 'em what you need - often they'll have items in stock that they just haven't listed. Also, if you do a search on eBay and find someone parting out a bike, shoot that person an email with what you need. A lot of us have been able to get odd parts at a decent price that way.

Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cindy. As a followup, I bought a set of 86 carbs off Ebay for $88 delivered. The cost of a new vacuum diaphragm alone would have been about $80. They are exactly the same as the VN700 carbs. Also after struggling to pull the carbs, for the reinstall I removed the carb to motor boots. They went in easy - much easier that most in-line 4 and V-4 carbs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
check with a salvage yard.. never know when you might hit the jackpot.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Thanks Cindy. As a followup, I bought a set of 86 carbs off Ebay for $88 delivered. The cost of a new vacuum diaphragm alone would have been about $80. They are exactly the same as the VN700 carbs. Also after struggling to pull the carbs, for the reinstall I removed the carb to motor boots. They went in easy - much easier that most in-line 4 and V-4 carbs.
That's a good deal! Glad you found something.

I think every time I've pulled the carbs I've ended up pulling both boots, despite the service manual's indications. :doh: Do you have your bike up and running now, or do you still have some tweaking to do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts