Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
just crushing along
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello was wanting to put on pod filters on the vn700 ....Would the jetting be the same as the 750? anybody have any ideas on what size jets i should use for the ear shave/pod filters for the 700 series.
I know is will get good help Thanks ahead of time guys.
meathead

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
When I shaved mine, I decided to do the shave and then read the plugs. I'm still running stock jets. Others have done this too and stayed with stock, a couple had to go back to stock after re-jetting.

Been wrenching a long time, carb re-jet was normally needed when opening up the exhaust, but was never a consideration for just changing an air filter.

My opinion is, earshave with stock exhaust does not require a re-jet.

That is not to say that a completely stock setup cannot improve with a mild re-jet or larger carb etc., because this is possible with a lot of machines. I'm just saying it is not a requirement for an air filter change.

·
just crushing along
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the imput and i will do that just dont want to run lean of course and there is so much info out there to read.
thanks '

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
what muffler?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Intake only, probably only +5%. My calculator is in the stickies. Every individual bike is different, but you can probably get away with tweaking the pilot mixture and maybe needle shims if necessary. Due to the way a proper "plug chop" works, you really just have to test ride it with a finely calibrated wrist and butt, feeling for cruise surging, flat spots, or abrupt transitions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts