Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
since last week I have a problem. After about 1,5 miles my VN goes out. After 20 min. It starts again like there was nothing but goes out after about 1,5 miles. Did anyone had the same problem ???

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Could it be the phantom out of gas syndrome? To test, place a spare key in the gas cap and when it starts to go out, open the cap. If that fixes it, you need to clean the vent hole on the cap.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Ditto. Good easy first advice. Do a search of the phantom out of gas syndrome and you'll learn a bit more about this phenomenon.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
X3 on the POOGS^^^^^^

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Hey T.o.m. did you ever check out the spare key in the gas cap method of seeing if you have the phantom out of gas syndrome?

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Yes, that way if you seem to be stalling out while driving, you open the gas cap and see if that relieves the symptoms. If it does, it indicates that you should clean out the vent hole in the gas cap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After 50 miles driving on the autobahn everything went well. I've removed the gas tank and took the hoses somewhere else and it work just fine.

Thankyou again.:smiley_th

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
After 50 miles driving on the autobahn everything went well. I've removed the gas tank and took the hoses somewhere else and it work just fine.

Thankyou again.:smiley_th
Glad to hear you seemed to get thing running correctly now. When you say you took the hoses somewhere else, does that mean they were incorrectly connected?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe :confused:

well, I first wanted to have a look onto the gas tank breathing hose because everything is very close below the tank. So I looked where is more space an put the hoses there and everything went well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts