Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do lads just picked up my first vn 750 and my first trike, one and the same as we're having lots of snow here in Ireland something we're not used I sold one of my bikes and got a trike for the slippery weather a vn 750 trike, great craic but a few electrical issues that need investigating all part of the fun though:smiley_th:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have seen pics of VN750 trikes, but they are few and far between.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness blitzer. Here in Canada we know something about snow, and a trike wouldn`t be my first choice for transportation in winter. LOL However I do remember a kid at my high school 40 years ago, who rode a little 100cc bike with an outrigger wheel on it all winter in temps down to ~-35*F.:wow:

What other bikes do you ride?
Also what does "craic" in your OP mean?

Reactions: kanuck69

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Did Kawasaki ever make a VN750 trike, or is it a conversion? I have seen a lot of bikes converted to trikes, especially Goldwings. I never understood how the shaft drive, designed for a single motorcycle wheel, was strong enough to drive 2 car wheels/tires without breaking or wearing out really fast. I think I would have problems with a trike, I'd probably flip it in the first corner, when I tried to lean it over.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Did Kawasaki ever make a VN750 trike, or is it a conversion? I have seen a lot of bikes converted to trikes, especially Goldwings. I never understood how the shaft drive, designed for a single motorcycle wheel, was strong enough to drive 2 car wheels/tires without breaking or wearing out really fast. I think I would have problems with a trike, I'd probably flip it in the first corner, when I tried to lean it over.
Good to hear from you again Jerry. Are you riding your new-to-you Road King regularly? How many miles have you accumulated on her?

I think blitzer`s vn750 trike must be a conversion. I`ve seen pics of two or three vn750 trikes, but they were all one offs. One of them had no differential, just a solid axle. Seems dangerous and probably not street legal to me. I have never heard of a Kawi factory street trike of any size. I don`t know if Kawi ever made a 3 wheel ATV though.

There are training courses available for learning to ride trikes and sidecar rigs or hacks as they are sometimes called. Apparently H-D requires that you watch a 15-20 minute training video before they let you drive it away on their new Electra-Glide trike. I`m pretty sure that`s not enough training, but it is better than nothing I guess.:doh:

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Most definitly, trikes are custom built. Heck, as usual there aren't even kits for our scoots. It would be a custom for sure. I'd love to see some pics of it & what they did on yours!

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
X2 We want pics!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'd be interested to se if the trike in question is actually a trike or the Voyager Trike Kit that retains the rear drive wheel and just adds outboard rear wheels and fenders.

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

I have seen a couple of these in person and they are pretty slick,expensive as well.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
There is an older couple that come to the local bike night that have a Voyager conversion on their bike.

If I had the money, I would have put one on my 750 so I could have ridden these past two seasons while waiting for my leg to heal. TommyV8, a local independant bike shop owner, sells these kits and said they weigh about #150. It would not be like riding two wheels, and would suck up some power, but at least I would have had my face in the wind!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts