Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just an update on my summer riding season that was going so well and then my battery started acting up. Thanks to the forum, I checked my stator wires output and got less than 10V charge. Well I did remove the engine enough to get access to the stator I found the thing severely damaged, blackened sections from shorting out I guess. I have a spare one and will put it back together when I receive my new gasket.
Fortunately, considering the age of the bike, I did not break or stripped any existing bolts, including muffler-manifold studs.
I do not foresee major issues putting it back together.

Funny, I was reading about unfortunate stator stories and I did not have a clue this would happen to me. Well I guess we all get there at some point.

thank you forum for the info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
gasket question

Hi, again, before I assemble the parts back to the engine, bevel gear and stator part, do you recommended pasting the joints with permatex hi-temp stuff along with stock gaskets.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
if you are using new oem gaskets you dont have to use any goo but it wouldnt hurt anything if you used a thin layer of the goo on the mating surfaces of the gaskets just as added protection from leaks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts