Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of enjoying the vacation up here in north Jersey with some family. Saw a VN750 on our way to 80/94 too.. might even have been a member, but I didn't get a good look at the bike, just enough of the jugs to see it was the 750. It's a lot nicer than I expected NJ to be. Everyone drives like an prison escapee and it's hard to get away from the highway noise, but it's nice. Hot Dog Johnny's was so bad that it was good, and there are curvier roads for riding than most of them at home. :)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Hot dog Johnny's. Where are you staying? Buttzville!?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
hell brother....why didn't you say something.....we should meet up someplace and have a beer.
Where are you in North Jersey...I bet you are not that far from me.

Let me know if you want to meet up.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but I doubt I'll have time on this trip. Been busy helping my mom with her house and car and not sleeping. I'd probably get lost twice on my way and then fall asleep after one drink haha. I'm planning on riding all the way here for Strange Days though.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ya bro....the Wolfpack wouldda come down....and Sussex County, NJ is where strangedays is....a LOT nicer than where you were....farms and woods and mountains....whole nuther world....I try to never go south of Rt80, lol....it just aint my style.....up here more its laid back and easy....no crazies...

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Kind of enjoying the vacation up here in north Jersey with some family. Saw a VN750 on our way to 80/94 too.. might even have been a member, but I didn't get a good look at the bike, just enough of the jugs to see it was the 750. It's a lot nicer than I expected NJ to be. Everyone drives like an prison escapee and it's hard to get away from the highway noise, but it's nice. Hot Dog Johnny's was so bad that it was good, and there are curvier roads for riding than most of them at home. :)
Sounds like you're pretty busy but you're about 20 minutes from Clinton. It's a beautiful, really old historic town - tons to do and see, great food, great shopping, great bars - the works. It's a famous go-between for celebs traveling from NYC to Philly too, definitely worth the trip if you can spare an afternoon. Regardless, glad you're enjoying North Jersey, she's a gem. :beerchug:

·
8 Posts
Can also take a ride North to Hawks Nest, and then follow the Delaware on the PA side. Very NICE ride! I'm in Morris County, so not far from where you're at..

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
We run Pennsy 209...Milford, Dingmans, Bushkill....Hawks Nest all the time....Im just a 40 min ride from Port Jervis...even less.....

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flew home after a week. Then St. Louis, back home. Just got back from 2 weeks in Memphis, now I'm washing clothes and packing right back up again for Strange Days, leaving either tomorrow or Wed. See you guys in a few days.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hex...I think I sent ya my phone number....keeps us informed because Thurs night, we will be at a 50's style diner (yep, rollerskates and doo-wop), in Augusta, NJ (the Chatterbox).....right where NJ 15 meets NJ Rt206....if yer runnin early, meet us there, ir if yer commin Fri...if before 1pm, come to my house in GWL...

http://www.chatterboxdrivein.com/bike-night

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kind of enjoying the vacation up here in north Jersey

Kind of enjoying the vacation up here in north Jersey with some family. Saw a VN750 on our way to 80/94 too.. might even have been a member, but I didn't get a good look at the bike, just enough of the jugs to see it was the 750. It's a lot nicer than I expected NJ to be. Everyone drives like an prison escapee and it's hard to get away from the highway noise, but it's nice. Hot Dog Johnny's was so bad that it was good, and there are curvier roads for riding than most of them at home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts