Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searching this thread for comments and have found a couple mentioning Viking saddlebags, but nothing particular to this set. Their website has a review from someone named Mike who installed these on his ride early 2012. Mike, are you here?? If so, do you have any pix of them installed on your bike for reference? Anybody else comment?

http://www.vikingbags.com/Motorcycle-Hard-Saddlebags-6461-prd1.html

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
No personal experience with them, but I noticed something in the pictures you need to be aware of.
The rear signals are relocated and appear to mounted on the hardware from a set of chrome Kawi F&S bag supports.
IIRC about $160 MSRP if you can find them. That's $20 more than the bags. :(
Just so you know it before you buy the bags.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I noticed that too. That's why I was hoping for a picture from a more trusted source. I think on many of these they simply photoshop pix onto whatever bike they are marketing it for. Size and location may not be accurate.

I really like the bags though. Been really tempted to pull the trigger and order a set.

P.S. We really ought to start an email campaign to Viking and ask that she be the one to do ALL of their product videos.... :smiley_th

·
Registered
8,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I definitely liked the other video better, but this bag has some great options!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The video helps the sale, doesn't it Wolfie?? :p

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Im diggin these....

http://www.vikingbags.com/Motorcycle-Hard-Saddlebags-White.htm

...guessing that price is for each side though Im sure...
The video helps the sale, doesn't it Wolfie?? :p
I wonder how much shipping would be to get Amber to deliver them and assist with the installation! :):pepper::pepper::D

Not much apparent difference in size or construction between those bags and the Mutazu bags.
http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=7&menu=Hard Saddlebags&product_id=10&s=prod.php
Viking size: 17.5" X 12.5" X 7.5"
Mutazu size: 17" X 12.25" X 7.5" (1/2" shorter in length, 1/4" shallower, same width) IMHO they are virtually identical in size.

Mutazu bags installed by sloppyburpfest:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9851

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I have tried searching this thread for comments and have found a couple mentioning Viking saddlebags, but nothing particular to this set. Their website has a review from someone named Mike who installed these on his ride early 2012. Mike, are you here?? If so, do you have any pix of them installed on your bike for reference? Anybody else comment?

http://www.vikingbags.com/Motorcycle-Hard-Saddlebags-6461-prd1.html
One thing I noticed about the pics in that link... while 3 are of a vn750.. they are all right side pics... the left side ones are reversed right side images.

my bad, the middle one is a right side pic reversed. the 3rd is a left side

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ive seen the Mutazus pretty cheap on ebay...but like Okie said, there aint no babe !!!
Buddy of mine said he may have a pair of FLH bags layin around his property...if he finds em, Im gonna do that...just make my own mounts...have to anyway now, as I picked up a pair of full length Streertglide muffs and need to make a hanger....may as well incorporate the 2...nice having a welder, lol....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got Viking bags. The Thor small ones. I bought them specifically because I figured I could do an under the seat mount and avoid both the drilling and relocation issues. It worked out pretty well and I'm happy with the bags, they're both good looking and well made.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I just pulled the trigger on the Braided Charger bags. Should be here in a couple days. After i get them mounted, I'll snap some pix. Have any with yours mounted?

Attachments

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Those look pretty nice....what are the dimentions ?...they need to fit 12 tallboys each side minimum....btw, Merc has a set of Vikings hes thinking on selling...PM him for details....

I think Im gonna stick with my old leather fringed throwover floppies for now...just gonna weld up a support cage on the inside....I always got my 1964 fiberglass Jappers now too, but they look butt ugly...need more opinions on em...
Or I may just sell em...they dont look right with the super long muffs and the skirted fender I have now...they'd look ok on a stock VN though methinks...even have a shock indent. 14 tallboys each side easily....lol

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
15 x 11 x 6. 1980 cubic in. They'll be a little snug, but I have already moved the taillights back thanks to gcextreme. They should be here tomorrow. :pepper::pepper::pepper:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Only 6 huh ?...bummer...I need a solid 8 wide....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
....I always got my 1964 fiberglass Jappers now too, but they look butt ugly...need more opinions on em...
those are the rounded ones...right?
I say you paint one red and the other yellow and put a big MM on them :smiley_th

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WooHoo!! Bags are at the house and it's almost quittin' time!

Slight dilemma though. My new TP-Link TL-WDR4300 arrived today from NewEgg. Hmmm....which should I do first?! :p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts