Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any dealings with Vikingbags.com? They initially seem to have good pricing and decent products but it is almost too good when reading their web site. I am interested in putting bags on my 2000 Vulcan 750and I saw bags I like on their site under $150.00 including hardware. I will have to relocate my tail lights but I was doing that all the same. Please let me know if anyone has tried their products.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I ran a set on my 750 a couple of years and I think Old Dog has some now,I was satisfied with them,especially for the price.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Has anyone had any dealings with Vikingbags.com? They initially seem to have good pricing and decent products but it is almost too good when reading their web site. I am interested in putting bags on my 2000 Vulcan 750and I saw bags I like on their site under $150.00 including hardware. I will have to relocate my tail lights but I was doing that all the same. Please let me know if anyone has tried their products.
Check these out. Myself and friends have been buying from them.
http://motodirect.com/category-1/9_11-Motorcycle-Saddlebags.html

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran a set on my 750 a couple of years and I think Old Dog has some now,I was satisfied with them,especially for the price.
I appreciate the information. I will continue to look into their offerings and make a choice soon. I want to finish the front of my bike first and then relocate the rear lights and add the bags. Ride safe and enjoy the new season.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have Viking bags and love 'em.

If you do a search in the equipment section there are a quite a few posts about them. I tried to put in a link to one of them below.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16238&highlight=viking+saddlbags

·
Registered
555 Posts
those viking bags look sharp, is there side brackets you have to attach? or are they like normal bags.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I will post some pics later today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mondays are not good. I will attempt to post some pics tonight.:(

·
Registered
88 Posts
The bags have a rigid back with mounting holes already in them.
They are removable bags.
I had to make these simple brackets in order to mount them to my bike.
I said I would post some pics. Sorry it took so long, but here ya go.

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the detailed pictures. I will be ordering my bags very soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Those are some sharp looking bags Keyman! I bought a set of the Kawasakai FS saddlebag mounts (part#K53021-094) from Ron Ayers back in Sept. 2010 hoping to put saddle bags on my bike, but never settled on which ones to go with. Seeing how my bike is a '97 and they don't make the FS parts anymore I figured snatch them up before they are all gone like I found out with the floorboards from FS. Had my hopes up that might of found the last one in a dealership in Alaska, but after talking to them they indicated it was an error in their inventory system and part sat unsold for over a year so it was disposed of by Kawasaki.

Your vikings right now are listed at $244 before shipping. Those vikings are sharp, but anyone know if I could use my FS saddlebag mounts with those viking bags?

The other option was those Mutaza GA hard saddle bags I saw a nice post about installing them, which are only $115 plus $30 for shipping.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So I am trying to install some Viking saddle bags but I guess I have to relocate my turn signals to do so. Any tips or tricks because I really don't eat to relocate my signals

·
Know-It-All White-Trash
33 Posts
my shock cut-out on my vikings rub, but with progressive shocks and vikings im not the slightest bit worried about a little rub.
also, their kit sucks i if they even have a vn750 kit. get a metal drill bit and jigsaw blade and get some sheet metal from home depot. they have a tight fit and the sets is kind of tight, but fixing the bike where the seat doesn't come off much seams like the bigger goal.
the saddle bag guards most people show you are useless for vikings, some vikings come with a kit but i still say break out the jigsaw and a metal drill bit.

you will mount sheet metal to the outline of the back of your bags. paint it black and raise them slightly above your fender struts to catch the top threads in your fender with new deeper screws. also may need a 2x4 to pry your fender off the tire for bolt and thread alignment. i haul groceries in and sometimes strap a 32 case of water bottles on top of mine but i wouldnt do that often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed my Viking bags without moving the turn signals. It is a little tight but they open and close with no problem.

Attachments

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I have viking bags and have been all over the place. I kept them when I got my Sporty cause they fit perfect. The mounting hardware was beaner but once they were on they looked great. A little more room would be good but the the passenger couldn't get to the pegs. DITTO on NOT moving the turn signals. I didn't have to move them either. in fact my picture right there to the left has my bags on it.

·
Know-It-All White-Trash
33 Posts
i got the largest bags they offered. the install kit was crap. no biggie, they gave me $25 back. i got some 1/8in sheet metal out and a drill with a metal blade for my jigsaw. put my signals on my plate with their plate relocation kit. mounted it on with huge bolts to support the weight with a kuryaken helmet lock for plates too.

·
Know-It-All White-Trash
33 Posts
it will eventually tear up the rubber on the signal mounts.

it did that twice on me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts