Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some of the roads here in eastern central ohio.
These are all route 83 & 93 north of ST RT 40 & below the 256 junction.

Now keep in mind. This is from my iPhone, so no beef on the quality! ;)

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
yes, yesterday was a great day for a ride. I thought about taking a nice little ride down to Ashland, OHIO., with Nick Fury, but we both were too hung over. besides, I'm still "grounded". :(

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Looks like the. Texas roads I ran last week put about 80p miles on my bike between Monday and friday

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Gotta ask, How did you get the IPhone to hold so steady for those great videos? Looks like a great ride.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Is that east of you,or which direction ? I need to come up and ride some with you next spring, That wouldn't be up towards Holmes Co.would it?

Just so you know it is really me,spit out that Apple flavored Kool-Aid and go Android. Mine shoots full High def video,lol.

I would like to know how you mounted your phone Did you velcro it to your forehead ,make a mount or purchase one? Was that shot through your windshield ? I noticed there wasn't a lot of wind noise. BTW, looks like your top secret ultimate Mod is holding up well too.:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
those look like boring roads....lol....JK!

Nice scenery...similar to some of the roads here in Northern NJ and NY state....rolling hills, farmland, and mountain twisties abound. YES....I said New Jersey!!

Looks like you had a great ride...I am envious....hoping the weather holds out for another couple of weekends here in the NE so I can enjoy the colors.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
^ we don't have any "mountain twisties". hell, we don't even had mountains! but I wish we did have some here in OHIO. but we do have some really sweet "HILLS"! lol

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all north of me. As for the mount, yes the phone is behind the windshield & I fabricated a bar that fastens to my windshield mount.
For the phone it's self I bought a bicycle handlebar mount.

And the secret mod... yes, it's holding up very well. I'll have to post on that soon.
When I have time to put the info together. ;)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yeah, was gonna say that it couldda easily been shot in parts of Orange Co, NY, and Sussex Co., NJ....the flat parts of em anyway.....looks like yer DPWs do the same kinda maintenance too, lol....road snakes all over....
Them mountains in the background of the one vid gotta be looking into Pennsy already, eh ?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well Kanuck...hope ya make it for out Buckeye Bunch meetup next summer...you'll like where we're goin.....160 degree hairpin...heh heh....then a 140....then a 120...all while goin up and down....we gotta put Merc as lead though so you can all see the sparks from his floorboards.....crazy MF kid....

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Writing this for the 3rd time,

I can hear your rear gear, same as mine, normal harmonics I'm pretty sure.

Been trying to figure where 93 is, I know I've hauled some big machines that way, to bypass some shaky bridges. In the past I've seen picture perfect colors over in Morgan county.

Hoping to get out again, 35 deg. wind chill and wet today. Had an outburst of giant flakes, but they melted.

Hills? Mountains? Twisties? Just minutes away from me, but the highest peak in the state, Spruce Knob, is a 3hr ride. I did hear that for the first time ever, they paved the 10 miles to the summit, so no more dust if that's true.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Writing this for the 3rd time,

I can hear your rear gear, same as mine, normal harmonics I'm pretty sure.

Been trying to figure where 93 is, I know I've hauled some big machines that way, to bypass some shaky bridges. In the past I've seen picture perfect colors over in Morgan county.

Hoping to get out again, 35 deg. wind chill and wet today. Had an outburst of giant flakes, but they melted.

Hills? Mountains? Twisties? Just minutes away from me, but the highest peak in the state, Spruce Knob, is a 3hr ride. I did hear that for the first time ever, they paved the 10 miles to the summit, so no more dust if that's true.
I have ridden 93 from Ironton to Logan OH where it goes from there I don't know but it winds up from 52 through Oak hill and Jackson and Wellston.

Is Spruce Knob up toward Randolph and Tucker Counties or back South towards Beckley?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
I've rode down RT. 93 from the north starting point off of RT. 250 near Dundee, Ohio and rode all way down RT. 93 to I 70 near Zanesville, Ohio. that's one fun, fine, ride. that's the back/slow way to get to the "HILLS".

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Spruce Knob is Grant and/or Pendleton counties I think, I know Seneca Rocks is, up toward Canaan Valley and Blackwater Falls, northeast versus south. The highest peak in the Allegheny Mountains.

They paved that road back in '08 according to the bid page, may be back to dirt by now, lol.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Spruce_Knob.jpg

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Doesn't 555 start/end close to Zanesville? That's a fun route if you keep the deer off of you.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh man, 555. I've rode the top half of 555 & ill say this. It's twisty enough that you rarely hit 55 & when you do, your slowing right down for the next curve.
Now, from what I hear tho bottom half is even better!

By the way, the top half ends in south Zanesville.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts