Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
This just makes me wonder why? Well I suppose they said the same thing about Orville and Wilbur.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Part of the adrenaline rush of kissing death in the face perhaps? I remember that feeling when I went skydiving for the first time.....its safer than driving a car!

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
its neat, its supposed to be like things from science fiction come to life.
one can make their own, this guy did.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/workshop/4219412.html?series=27
i looks like the only way to steer this sucker is though counter-steering. I bet its fairly stable since the whole thing is a giant gyroscope.
I don't know. He's rides with his feet out quite a bit. Certainly didn't do much self stabilizing when it started to wobble! His problem may have been too much speed approaching the stop sign and then over brakeing. Didn't appear to have good control on approaching stops or turns.

This quote from the link you posted explains it all, I think: "It's unstable, steering is virtually impossible, your vision is obscured while you're riding, and if you brake too fast you gerbil over," flipping heels over helmet,

I'd still love to try it on the salt flats where turning and braking aren't needed. And yes, I'd wear ALL the gear!

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I bet its fairly stable since the whole thing is a giant gyroscope.
Yes... the video shows how stable it is. (ohboy)

Just because one can do a thing, doesn't mean one should.
This is a classic "hey guys... watch this" moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts