Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I noticed recently that my bike has a slightly noticeable vibration when leaning in left turns only. I can barely hear/feel it but it's there.

I think it started right after I wrestled/installed a PF3 windshield. But. it does it with the screen on and off.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would say it was the tires....hit any big pot holes lately? How old are the tires? Pressure in them? I had that for a little while, then noticed that I was a few pounds low. Might help or it might not be it at all.....just trying to help. Let me know!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Like Tyger said, check the tire pressure first.
Also check that there's no slight wobble in the wheels, on the axles. That would indicate bad wheel bearings.
I don't think that if ya lost any wheel weights it would effect the bike on just left turns, but look and see if there's any evidence of a weight missing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had a vibration in the right footpeg that was worse on left turns ended up being one missing bolt and one really loose bolt on the removable part of the frame.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I have some vibrations also. I hit a rock in the road doing 60 and bent the rim.. I replaced the rim but it seems like I have a vibration that I feel most in the right foot peg. it happens right around 55 mph. maybe I am just gun shy now, or maybe they didn't balance the wheel right.. any suggestions? I didn't change the wheel bearings, just reused the old ones.. will change them this winter. Kaw dealer doesn't keep crap for parts in stock or I would have. could something be physically wrong with the tire that I can't really see?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts