Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle vibration noise coming from the front of my bike. Just around 3,400 RPM it's not loud, just anoying. I think it's coming from the tachometer and spedo. I can't seem to find anything loose. If I put my hand on the tach I can feel the vibration and the noise quiets down some, but not all the way. Any thought on what else it could?

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
I havlolhe same issue. Creates a humming. Mine is definitely the speedo. If I grab it, it stops, and I am planning on taking a look at it in the next day ir two. Both gauges sit on rubber dampers that are supposed to...uh... keep this from happening, ha ha. I don't think we want to trash them though cause it may damage the gauges after a while. Hopefully someone will share their fix... probably to remove them and go bobber style, lol. I'll update if I can fix this annoying little bug.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I havlolhe same issue. Creates a humming. Mine is definitely the speedo. If I grab it, it stops, and I am planning on taking a look at it in the next day ir two. Both gauges sit on rubber dampers that are supposed to...uh... keep this from happening, ha ha. I don't think we want to trash them though cause it may damage the gauges after a while. Hopefully someone will share their fix... probably to remove them and go bobber style, lol. I'll update if I can fix this annoying little bug.
Get a piece 3/8 clear hose. Cut it about 2-3 inches long. Slice 1 side down the middle. This will fit over one side of the mounting bracket and into the hole in the gauge. No more vibration.

·
1,100 Posts
Thanks JM, Sounds like a good fix. Ill be doing that this weekend.

(Havlolhe?? What the hell kinda typo is that? Starting my own language)

·
1,100 Posts
JM, the hole in the gauge... I don't thonk I'm following. Do you meanvthe screw hole onvyhr gauge or is there a pilot hole. I'm sure it eill make sense when I do it, just been a long day...

Looks like you started laughing in the middle of typing.
Yeah, or the phone did, ha ha. Auto text is going to eat all the humans brains one day. At least it didn't put in something dirty like some on damnyouautocorrect.com :wow:

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
JM, the hole in the gauge... I don't thonk I'm following. Do you meanvthe screw hole onvyhr gauge or is there a pilot hole. I'm sure it eill make sense when I do it, just been a long day...

Yeah, or the phone did, ha ha. Auto text is going to eat all the humans brains one day. At least it didn't put in something dirty like some on damnyouautocorrect.com :wow:
Dave, Poor choice of wording on my part. On the left side of the tach housing and on the right side of the speedo housing there is a rounded slot that the support bracket goes thru to hold the gauge. The tubing goes over one side of the bracket and into the slot. Make the tubing long enough so it is a tight fit which puts upward pressure on the gauge, acts as a damper, and stops the vibration.
Jim

·
1,100 Posts
Ahhh, now I'm with ya. Thank you Jim!

·
1,100 Posts
My God I've got to slow down with this phone's keyboard. People are gonna think I'm texting while riding. :/

·
1,100 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll pick up some tube tomorrow .

·
Banned
448 Posts
tomaasbark has been reported as spam.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave, Poor choice of wording on my part. On the left side of the tach housing and on the right side of the speedo housing there is a rounded slot that the support bracket goes thru to hold the gauge. The tubing goes over one side of the bracket and into the slot. Make the tubing long enough so it is a tight fit which puts upward pressure on the gauge, acts as a damper, and stops the vibration.
Jim
Sounds like a good fix, and inexpensive too.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I wrapped a short black bungee cord - the type with the small ball attached to it - around the tach and speedo to stop the vibes and quiet down the assembly. Works great and is hidden enough to look good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts