Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently So recently I bought a 1995 Kawasaki Vulcan VN 750 and my engine is flooded I've already narrowed it down to my carbs and my choke which is always open because the person who bought it is zip tied it open all the time so it's flooding. But what I need to know before I buy a new carburetor is the Venturi size in millimeters cuz I can choose for a four-stroke V-Twin motor 4 valves Is a 16 mm or a 19 mm Venturi size. I just need to know what size I need before I buy these carburetors. Need help because I don't feel like spending $1,200 for a whole carburetor set assembly. As that would be $300 more than what I paid for the bike.

·
Member? ... check.
565 Posts
If you have any mechanical aptitude at all, don't buy anything until you have removed, cleaned, and rebuilt the carburators. The jets and passages might only need a good cleaning. It might be a rewarding experience.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
They're 34mm Keihin CVK34 carburetors. I think the single carb conversions use a 36mm, just search single carb swap here, several threads on it. Trying to replace with two singles may not work due to the angle the float bowls will sit.

Sounds the pilot jets/circuits were clogged so they used the ziptie. A nice soak in some white vinegar should cure that. You have to remove the carbs anyway, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're 34mm Keihin CVK34 carburetors. I think the single carb conversions use a 36mm, just search single carb swap here, several threads on it. Trying to replace with two singles may not work due to the angle the float bowls will sit.

Sounds the pilot jets/circuits were clogged so they used the ziptie. A nice soak in some white vinegar should cure that. You have to remove the carbs anyway, right?
So it's a twin carburetor it's not a single carburetor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts