Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok quick question i recently got an 85 vn700. it had sat for like a year so i cleaned carbs and put all back together. so i put her all back together the way it was when i got it. well ran fine at first then started taking awhile to warm up and also sputters around 3 to 4k. started to think the seafoam broke some stuff loose and replugged the carbs. well been researching alot and i am pretty sure the vents for the carbs are hooked up wrong. the to vent lines that t together between the carbs is right now run up to whatever the little vent is on the underside of the gas tank. well from what i saw in the manual is that t'd line is suppose to run to the right ear. ok so what is the vent on the under side of the tank(only one nipple sticking out i think) and where is that suppose to run to. also will these being tied together make the bike run crappy. please help thanks

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I have mine hooked up to the box as you explained. If you still have the surge tank (air box) you have to make sure that the hose is not kinked.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i may be dumb but when you say airbox what do you mean. so the vent for the carb goes to the right ear and the hose for the tank goes? sorry my first bike and trying to learn.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
The hose can go to the rt. ear or to the nipple under the tank.
The air box is that black tank that the carb boots are connected to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so that is hooked up good ok thanks so just make sure there is no kinks. ok so probably do got stuff in carbs. thank you very much

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
The connection on the bottom of the tank is for the fuel level sensor. Nothing attaches there. (the vent may work there, but if you have ears, then you have the surge tank also.... I don't remember the carb vent hose being long enough to wrap around the surge tank and attach to the fuel tank.....seems like too many bends to me) The vent belongs in the rght ear. Cut the end of the vent hose at 45degrees and make sure it has a gentle radius curve into the ear hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts