Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my tank the other day to work on the wiring, and the vent hose popped out from under the frame on the right side. It has a spring clip on it, but it looks it has just been sitting loose by the battery.
Does it go to any place in particular? I haven't been able to find any place for it, even on the 3 way valve for the emissions. I wasn't able to find anything in the manual.
Any ideas?? It's an 85 VN700 non california.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
It's not the vent for a wet cell battery is it? They do come loose from time to time.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I would have to say it is the vent hose for a wet cell battery or hose to the radiator overflow bottle. The '85 - '88? Non-California models did not have a vent hose for the fuel tank. I know this because my '86 has no vent pipe and tube and after having gas expand in the tank just after filling it up and spill out the gas cap all over my tank numerous times....I switched to a '90 model tank with the vent pipe and hose. Now when the gas expands it just flows out the tube and on the ground instead of all over the tank and pouring onto the motor and hot exhaust. There's nothing like the sound of cold gasoline sizzling like Bacon on a super hot Exhaust pipe(pretty scary). That's very embarassing when riding with about 25 other guys, all on newer Harleys when stopping to fill up. Believe me.........you never hear the end of it from them!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Ok, obvious question. Is the vent hose on your tank there? If not than it is probably from your tank. It is possible it's from a pre installed wet cell battery. Before your AGM one installed now. How long is the hose? Out of curiosity.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get pics tomorrow. And guys, I know it's NOT the battery hose, as I removed it when I replaced the wet cell with an AGM. (Mechanic Here)
It is a vent hose from the tank, and it's approx 14 inches long with a couple bends in it with a spring type clip on it.
I'm pretty sure it's not a California emisions bike as there are no other emissions on there other than the diverter valve from the reeds in the heads. It's to the right of the fuel guage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts