Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here use a Vanson Mesh Jacket? If so, how do you like it?

I am trying to find protection that won't overheat me in the warm weather.

thanks, Stan

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
I have not tried the Vanson, but I have and use both the joe rocket mesh and the first gear mesh. Both are better than leather or anything else i've tried for hot weather.

Of the two I like the joe rocket better. The mesh is more open than the first gear, so even when standing still there is a bit more are flow. And the padding is denser on the joe rocket jacket, hence I suspect it provides better padding protection. Also the first gear jacket is a standard left hand side inside pocket with a button. The joe rocket pocket is just inside the the left hand top just past the zipper and it is zippered and nothing will fall out of it.

But coke does pour through it nicely when you have a coke bottle in your hand (0pened) and you reach in to pull out your wallet. Don't ask how I know that.

RB

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sorta compromised between ventilated mesh and full leather, and got the Vanson Cobra vented jacket - it's got big perforated sections up front, but covered with zip-up panels for when it's not so hot which happens a lot here in New England.

www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/cob2_cobra.htm

You can get some pretty good deals on Vanson when they have their periodic sale/open house at the factory in Fall River, MA.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a power trip vented jacket this past weekend. It has vented panels that can zip over. Seems to work great.

Stan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.