Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Group,

I am confused! I saw a picture somewhere of a set of V&H exhaust pipes on a VN750 and they looked great. There was one pipe on each side, like stock, the tips were round, not slash cut, like stock, and unlike stock, they were of equal length from the rear. By equal length, I mean from a top-down view, the tips of the exhaust are even with each other, on the stock bikes, the tips are not even with each other. Anyways, this is the exhaust I would like, however, I cannot find that exhaust anywhere. I don’t know if it was a custom job or what. The only V&H pipes I can find are Vance & Hines Cruzer #31363. The picture for these shows both pipes on the right hand side with slash cut tips. I DO NOT like that look at all, I am all about the symmetry.

I know many of you guys have V&H exhaust so could you please tell me if there is something I am missing here? Do you have the pipes I described above? If so, do you know the part number? Thanks for the help.

Adam :pepper:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the VH Cruzers you're talking about (one pipe on each side of bike) - I checked the website they were ordered from and it says the part# is 31363 and I also still have the box - so I ran out to the garage and double checked and it says #31363 too.

- The picture on the website I ordered them from shows them on the same side too, but I think that is a Vulcan 800 in the pic - here's the link

http://www.classiccruiser.com/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?e=0000000000140807921,k=8108,st=612,sxi=2,case=obj(144157)

hope it helps

PS - the pipes are awesome!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Cav Vet, that was super helpful and very nice of you to check on that model number for me. I was searching all over the web for a different model but I guess they just put the wrong picture up. I really appreciate your help.

Adam

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
just curious....do the V&H have a cross over pipe in the place of the goats belly?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Hizzo3 said:
just curious....do the V&H have a cross over pipe in the place of the goats belly?
No, In fact any after-market exhaust system removes the goats belly.
V&H replaces the entire system from the headers on. Cobras use the existing right header pipe (Something to consider if that pipe is discolored or banged up)
Also V&H comes with a built in heat shield so you will never see bluing on the pipes. Cobras tend to blue up fairly fast.

Because of the replacement the mufflers DO end up the same at the back of the bike giving a more balanced look rather than the "staggered" mufflers (which use to drive me nuts! I like a balanced look to my ride!)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
No cross over pipe or goats belly with V&H

Hizzo3 said:

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
You'll "reject" your goats belly (pre-exhaust chamber) but you won't have to re-jet. You only need to re-jet when you change the air intake such as doing an ear-shave (replacing the air filter "ears' with pods at the carb)
Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts