Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the 90 degree stems. I saw these on ebay. it says they will FITS HOLE ID= .453" http://tinyurl.com/b8gkw5
they should work right?
Also I'm looking for extensions for the valves on my rear shocks. i know someone said that there are screw on type that would attach them directly and give me what i need. And tips on finding them?

·
Registered
659 Posts
The 90 degree valve is great to have. You can actually add air from a gas station compressor or use a hand bike pump. What was KAW thinking?!

I had one installed when I replaced my tires last Summer. There was one problem though. After I got the bike back I noticed that I had a slow leak from my rear tire. I found air was leaking around the base of the new stem. I took it back to them and they changed the ones they had ordered for me out with another set they had made for Gold Wings. He said it seemed to seat in the hole better. The shop manager told me they were a little difficult to get seated on these wheels. The second stem has been fine.

Also, he told me that you should always reach around and put some pressure on the back side of the stem when checking pressure or filling, just to keep the stem from moving around too much.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
I've got the 90 degree valve extension from Rick's Hardware. While it does work, each time I put it on and take it off I loose some air when unscrewing it. I don't want to leave it on as the wind might take it, and the valve stem, off and then I'd really be screwed! I think they make shorter straight valve stems that might enable the use of most any tire inflator. I plan to have one installed when I switch out my rear tire.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want the extension for the rear shocks. cuz with my saddle bags on I have to remove them to check the air in the shocks. I want the permanant 90s for the tires. but i needed to know the size of the hole for the 90s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts