Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rattleing in front cylinder,sound like loose valves tapping, already checked tensioner, all seems good, any suggestions, thanks,Lee

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
what weight of oil you running....also i've found the sound is more pronounced with synthetic vs dyno...

also, have you recently changed the spark plugs, sometimes something can fall into the cylinder and would give you that rattle too...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noise

10w30,synthetic, all was good,then just started yesterday,sounds like a lifter,nothing in the cylinders, noise comes and goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ACCT spring replacement

I just replaced the springs with the TOC manufacturing replacements, and man what a difference it made. I was getting some valve noise and a little timing problem. The grambo trick would do the trick, but I would have to do it every time I went for a ride. So I didn't ride much. Thanks a bunch for the info on this site, especially Diana (great website) and TOC manufacturing. Went for a great (and quiet) ride on Saturday.

Russ

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
noise

thought maybe I had a carbon build up, sprayed deep creep and let soak, tried to start and bike ran a second,knocking, then shut off, now motor is locked up. very unhappy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
noise

pulled the plugs and turned motor over by hand, piston not moving, is more likely to be a busted rist pin or something else. may yjust part bike out or sell as is,Lee,unhappy ridder

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
noise

thanks, think I mught pull the motor and pull the front cylinder and take a look

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh no

pulled apart to find the rod cap was not on rod, do you think I should fix it or sell or part it out, thanks for the help, Lee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts