Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe my bogging problem is coming from a vacuum leak. I can hear the bike making a sucking noise. I'm wondering if the seals or gaskets on the carbs could be making that noise? I took the carbs off a few weeks ago and remounted them correctly but it still bogged out. On my motorcycle run, every time we came to a stop it felt like it was gonna stall out on me.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I was sure it would have been the boot on the left side by the way it sounded.
I guess you and your uncle reset the carb boots, so are you sure that isn't it?

It could be those pod air filters sucking air in....are they supposed to be oiled?

BTW, my left side (stock filter) makes a similar noise sometimes, but never had an issue running or stalling.

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
You can hear air being sucked in through the pod filters from what I have experienced having them on Chevy 350's and my Dodge Ram Diesel. Not sure about the bike but I imagine it would be the same. What is your idle set at? Maybe you need to raise it?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've played around with the idle and it still wants to die. Not wanting to rip the carbs apart but I think I'm gonna have to. Started to be an expert at this already.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea KC. Did it before the run. Got the boots aligned perfectly. Just as the ride started going my bike wouldn't stay running. Kept starting it and having to rev it

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Have you tried a spray test around the boots? Vac leak can make it idle slow.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I did that and it revved with starter fluid. So I realigned the boots and it calmed down

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changed the vacuum line off the PC and re did the original jets. Still not working right. At a loss again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts