Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 vn750A. The PO put V&H's on it but didn't take care of the backfiring issue. I spoke with Dynojet who informed me that a carb kit is not available for this model. He went on to say that if I plug the vacuum house on the left side of the bike coming off the airbox it would solve my issue and make the bike perform better. Problem is, I'm new at this and don't know what to look for. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
There is no vacuum hose off the left airbox I know of. There is one that goes to the right airbox, but blocking this will close the vent to the carbs and the bike won't run right.

When you say backfiring do you mean "popping" on de-accelleration? If so...

Search "marbling".

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
There is no vacuum hose off the left airbox I know of. There is one that goes to the right airbox, but blocking this will close the vent to the carbs and the bike won't run right.

When you say backfiring do you mean "popping" on de-accelleration? If so...

Search "marbling".

Backfiring......
V&H exhaust..... Goat belly removed.... correct ?

:smiley_th

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does intact backfire like crazy on decel, and I'm not sure what a goat belly is but if you mean baffells, yes they were removed.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
If you've got v&h exhaust your goats belly is gone.the goats belly is kinda like an h pipe to equalize the different length stock pipes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Yes cause the v&h the back cylinders exhaust comes under the bike were the belly should be and both muffler are on the same side

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Ok old dirty doc I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about and yes it's gone.
Lack of goat belly will definitely create backfiring issues....listen to these guy's for attempts to resolve.

:smiley_th

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
He went on to say that if I plug the vacuum house on the left side of the bike coming off the airbox it would solve my issue and make the bike perform better.
He may have been thinking about the vacuum line for the air valve under the seat, that vac hose is on the right side carb. Marbling plugs that system anyway.

It may be the coasting enrichers aren't working, but it's popping because it's lean. The open pipes will contribute to the lean condition. The coast enrichers are the circular covers on the sides of the carbs.

Does it still have the stock air filters?

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
To be clear, coast enricher and coasters are two different items.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
there is a crankcase vent line that connects from front jug to the lower left side of the airbox. but that needs to be unplugged (if your ear shaved, you should have some sort of filter on that line, with the filter open to air)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spokster it does still have stock filters, and doc they came with the v&h heat guards. I'll post a few pics when I'm not doing this from my phone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts