Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was looking over the new bike some more and realized it has been de goated already!!:smiley_th

cant believe i missed that!!:doh:
was wondering why i had two hoses comin out of the back of my gas tank and just hanging around

do they need capped or anything?

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also noticed by looking at bikebandit that there is supposed to be a black container of sorts that is not there as well

also anyone notice that they dont go up to 94 and 91 is the closest i can get to

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
well i was looking over the new bike some more and realized it has been de goated already!!:smiley_th

cant believe i missed that!!:doh:
was wondering why i had two hoses comin out of the back of my gas tank and just hanging around

do they need capped or anything?
i also noticed by looking at bikebandit that there is supposed to be a black container of sorts that is not there as well also anyone notice that they dont go up to 94 and 91 is the closest i can get to
It sounds like a CA model with the emmissions controls canister(s) removed.

Most tanks have 1 hose nipple on the rear of the tank.
The California models had 2 hoses on the back of the tank.
I believe the left one is the tank vent that all models from 1987 on have,
and the right one has something to to with the emmissions controls.

1985 & 86 tanks have no hose connection nipples on the rear, and are just vented through the filler cap.

cglennon has a thread on cleaning the tank vent to cure and prevent the *Phantom Out Of Gas Syndrome* (POOGS). It contains more info on the hose(s) on the back of the tank as well.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17572

I think you can just cap the other one off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts