Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello vulcaners. I'm new on the site.
I introduce myself, I have a mod vulcan 92.
A year ago I was thinking about how modernize and performance my motorcycle . Not only esthetic also functional too.
My madness is modify the engine to give more power: increase it to V6, 2250cc, 200 hp.
My proposal is based on creating a middle crankcase between the two originals. there will be space for new cylinders and pistons. My idea is to have a new pair of cylinders and cylinder head that will be one piece. I will respect the design and the mechanical system that originally has raised the bike, the gear system and liquid cooling system. Probably includes a kit of hydraulic clutch. my first challenge is how to locate the spark plugs between cylinders.
I havent photos yet. I'm at the stage of "thinking and planning." I will post designs that i can be do rudimentary in some pc program. What is your opinion? Ideas, suggestions, anything is welcome, If you know someone who has made a similar idea the contact is helpful.

Regards

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
A year ago I was thinking about how modernize and performance my motorcycle . Not only esthetic also functional too.
My madness is modify the engine to give more power: increase it to V6, 2250cc, 200 hp.
My proposal is based on creating a middle crankcase between the two originals. there will be space for new cylinders and pistons. My idea is to have a new pair of cylinders and cylinder head that will be one piece. I will respect the design and the mechanical system that originally has raised the bike, the gear system and liquid cooling system. Probably includes a kit of hydraulic clutch. my first challenge is how to locate the spark plugs between cylinders.
I havent photos yet. I'm at the stage of "thinking and planning." I will post designs that i can be do rudimentary in some pc program. What is your opinion? Ideas, suggestions, anything is welcome, If you know someone who has made a similar idea the contact is helpful.

Regards
This is your first post and you mention "introduce myself". Your introduction usually goes under the Newbie Check-In section and we ask that you include some information about your riding/wrenching experience and your location. You have some high expectations but you really don't explain too much with any real detail. Your plan sounds similar to stating that you will take a jet engine off of a plane and shove it in the back seat of a VW Bug. Very simple to say but there is a lot of engineering that has to go on long before you start. You are going to engineer and build a V6 using a V twin and create 200 horsepower using the original gears and other stock components. I doubt the VN750 frame could handle the power without flexing to the point of breaking nor would you be able to fit a proper sized wheel in that frame to put the power to the road. I am intrigued by your thoughts and would love to read more as you start working it all out but I doubt you will get very far. I hope you prove me wrong. Good luck

·
Registered
570 Posts

Regards

Hey! Nelcome to the Whathouse.

Just my opinion off the hip:

One of the main reasons i chose this bike among alternatives is because she is so lightweight and skinny between the knees. So adding that much weight to the bike, and being twice as thick would probably make me just shake my head.

Have you thought of just trying a one sided 3 cyl first? Before shooting for six in tandom, it might be a good idea to work out the kinks on just one half. Just my off the hip opinion.

P.S. Whatever you do, be sure to include a frame mod on the left side. ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
You be tripp'n man. A V6? You must be high. You'd need 4 more cylinders... Houze that gonna happen?

Why don't you just drop a small block V8 in there? LOFL
Speaking of which . . .

How deep has anyone bored out the VN750 to a displacement where it lasted?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts
And here my newbie line comes into play again.Welcome to the nucking futhouse.

Reactions: RoadHopper

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

Regards

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts
Anyone here have a link to or remember the specs on Lance328's(RIP Ron) motor?I know he somehow stroked the stock crank and bored the cyliders some.he also had custom pistons made.ported and polished heads.I remember Denny calling it a scalded rocket once.Damn I miss reading his posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
My proposal is based on creating a middle crankcase between the two originals. there will be space for new cylinders and pistons.
You know... on second thought ( no longer off the hip ), if you have that sort of fabrication ability at your disposal, just pull the engine off, keep everything from the gearbox back to the rear tire, shaft, etc.. and develop a Wankel. If you need the materials to do your design though, then salvage an old RX-7 Series 5 with a 13B engine ( twin Wankle turbocharged, 1.3L 202–280 hp depending on what you salvage and what you do with it after ).

JDM Spec Engines - Mazda 13B-REW Engine

Then if you can swing it, just use the gear box as original parts to make some fireclay molds. Then make duplicates of all the parts inside using a Titanium alloy you'll need to develop to handle the various loads. If you can lean the oval slanted upwards into the frame you might just have enough room over the gearbox for an external belt driven alternator. You're going to need that.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I place this in the 'never happening' category.

Prove me wrong. I won't be mad!

·
Registered
202 Posts
V6?

Why? i mean, understand why, those of us that understand machines and motors always want to make things bigger and better. some people here might even have the proper engineering background to understand the torque and stress loads placed on different areas of the frame. i am not a nay sayer mind you. i love the 'Road Dog'. it reminds me of something my grandfather would have built. so cobble together anything you like. create whatever you desire. maybe you will come up with something to enter in to the Dirtbag Challenge. either way, please, for gods sake, keep us all in the loop on your progress! but if you just want a bigger bike with 200+ hp, go buy a Boss Hoss and leave that tiny poor VN750 frame be. :grin2:

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
How interesting that the OP never replied to any of the comments left here. Maybe he finally came down. Just one post and bye bye. lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
How interesting that the OP never replied to any of the comments left here. Maybe he finally came down. Just one post and bye bye. lol
His last activity is only a few minutes after the first post. Pretty sure he hasn't read anything at all.

·
Registered
570 Posts
when I am done with my mods, the VN750 will have a top speed of 350kts and will take off vertically. it's gonna be sweet!
That's going to help at intersections and in the snow until you start selling it... omg... you should seriously start... you could EASILY get funding for it from all three branches of the big trio: Lawyers, Doctors, and Insurance Companies.

P.S. And PLEEEEEEEZE remember to add a hydraulic arm to the center stand and remove the spring. thanks in advance.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts
when I am done with my mods, the VN750 will have a top speed of 350kts and will take off vertically. it's gonna be sweet!
Hell it don't matter how ya get to the mother ship as long as ya get there.me,I'm getting deemed up as I have an invitation

1 - 20 of 21 Posts