Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever taken out the baffles to their V&H Cruzers? If so, how do you do it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes I took them out to see how it sounded
super loud but nice.
there is a allen screw on the inside of the
pipe back by the rear wheel axle just
remove it and slide the baffel out may
be a little tricky putting back in just
take yor time........

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a 2006 vn 750 and I found at the end of the chrome pipe there were 2 spot welds one on the tire side and one on the bottom .So I took a 3/8 drill bit and from the back of the pipe I drilled a hole just under where the spot welds are then took a small metal chisel and cut through then used a pair of vise grips to grab hold of the pipe to remove baffle. It worked pretty good for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On more question, I know you don't have to rejet with just the pipes. Would you have to rejet for K&N's?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
MikeyMike, The concensus around here is that you don't have to rejet when putting on the V&H - but I can tell you from the dirt bike world that when you swap a choked up oem exhaust for a straight-thru pipe you always benefit by adjusting the jetting. By more efficiently removing the burnt exhaust, you can usually go a step richer on the main jet.

If the K&N's really flow as well as advertised, you will need to jet richer. I'm still all stock and my sparkplugs are pure white - indicating that I'm already too lean. If your plugs are also white, then you will most likely benefit from richening up the main and pilot.

Plus, your bike will run cooler with richer jetting.

Please let us know what you end up doing. I have the V&H and K&N yet to be installed so it would be nice to have a reference.

Regards, Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts