Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. FNG here with a question. I am thinking about buying a set of the Cruzers from V/H. I see that rejetting isnt a requirement. My question is, is there a performance gain with just the new pipes installed or just a change in the sound? Seems kinda silly to install new pipes without a performance gain.
Second, I see at V/H home page that the model year for those pipes only go to 04, so the next question is, will these pipes fit my 06?

Thanks in advance

PS for those of you who dont know what FNG is [email protected]#in new guy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed V&H on my 98 last week. While I haven't noticed any performance gain or loss, the sound seems like I am faster. The good thing is "loud pipes, saves lives." People can now hear me.

Frank, Portland, Me
VROC 20233

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not a large gain but at higher RPM'S you will have a little more power due to less restriction of the exhaust. Plus they sound and look so much better than stock.

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Rubline, welcome. Some of us are old enough to remember what an FNG is!!

Those pipes will fit, I feel as if I did pickup a little more HP and I did not re jet
I have only had them on about two weeks so I need to do a bit more research on the HP thing. But I gotta tell ya the sound just keeps getting better !!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of V&H. I put mine on the day before yesterday and I've done nothing but love them. I didn't re-jet either but did put in K&N. I will eventually re jet as I do have a kit. They run excellent. They SOUND excellent. I have turned many of heads and set off many cars alarms so far. :-D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks Artman. You just convinced me to place an order for the pipes. Now all I have to do is recover from cervical fusion that I had on 6/7/06 and ill be good go.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
You folks with the loud pipes, I gotta ask a question. First, I want everyone to know that when I hear loud pipes, I look, and I wish my bike was loud like theirs, and feel a little insignificant for the moment. It is cool, and people look. I'm sure it could save your life. Nuf said.

After an hour or so of riding, doesn't your head feel like it's going to explode, and your ears ringing like you live inside a church bell? I just can't bring myself to want to go this route cause I can't imagine having it that loud day in and day out, riding every day to and from work, and especially on the long runs. I've ridden one loud bike, my buddy's harley and it was so freekin loud I only rode a mile and traded back with him.

In April on a ride where there were gobs and gobs of bikes, every time there was a gas station, there would be 50 bikes coming in and out. I remember seeing several bikers roll to a stop, kill the bike and get off, and take out earplugs. For the love of God, what's up with that?

Writing this, I feel like I'm about to get beat up and have my lunch money stolen.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Even with stock pipes, earplugs are a good idea. Just the wind noise at road speed will damage your ears on long rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts