61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the degoating over the weekend sound's good
Are the vance & hines pipes a lot louder then the
degoating and how is the fit?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have asked that question before but never got a answer but I'm about to find out. Ordered a pair of V&H's today from cruiser customizing. Am planning to leave the baffles in unless they're quieter than a de-goat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woody said:
I have asked that question before but never got a answer but I'm about to find out. Ordered a pair of V&H's today from cruiser customizing. Am planning to leave the baffles in unless they're quieter than a de-goat.
Alright woody we will be waiting to hear what you
have to say about them keep us posted thank's...

·
Registered
6 Posts
the vance and hines are much louder then the degoating. i did the degoat, and was not to impressed with the sound. i put the vance and hines on shortly after, and it sounds like a big boy.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
V&H have a deeper throatier rumble compared to the tinnier sound of degoated stock pipes. Yeah more of a "Big Boy" sound. Leave the baffles in the V&H otherwise you will go deaf and your neighbors will plot against you!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thats more of what I wanted to hear as my driveway is only about 40 feet from my next door neighbors bedroom window and I leave for work at 5:30 in the morning.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Definetly makes more noise, is it louder than the degoat? hard to say, It sounds like it has a lot more displacement. If you whack the throttle than yes it's much louder than a de-goat, but part or steady throttle was not a whole lot of difference. MLRS was right, it do sound like the big boys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Allright you guy's are right I put the v&h exaust on over the
weekend baffel's out and it sound's as good if not louder
then any bike out there, the harley boy's I ride with
were impressed, much better then the goat job........

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
If you've already de-goated it's only three bolts on each side. I also did away with the center stand. So it was easier still.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have Cruzers on my 06 VN 750. They fit perfect. dont forget to buy new crush gaskets for the exhaust ports. Do yourself a favor, get the Harley gaskets, I forget the part number but they are much better than the Kawi gaskets, they are made for some sort of material other than metal. They seal much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts