Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Cruzers from directparts.com($337/free shipping) and picked up gaskets from a local HD dealer. I have read that others have had trouble with center stand clearance with the Cruzers. Is this on all years? What should I expect on my 86 and how do I fix if it does hit the pipe?

Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
61 Posts
bunky1024 said:
I just ordered the Cruzers from directparts.com($337/free shipping) and picked up gaskets from a local HD dealer. I have read that others have had trouble with center stand clearance with the Cruzers. Is this on all years? What should I expect on my 86 and how do I fix if it does hit the pipe?

Thanks
Greg
I put the v/h on a month ago and I
just mounted the bracket that came
with them and had no problem with
hitting the pipe about a quarter inch
clearence.......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Make sure you put the inside bushing and washer from the rear pasenger foot peg mount back in on the left side. Mine just clears the stand now. I also had to adjust my rear brake pedal with a visegrips, the guard was rubbing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just installed the Cruzers on Friday, everything went suprisingly smooth. I have only been out on her once, but I love the sound already. Center stand is hitting the slightest bit on the left side. I should be able to move the mounting bracket in a bit with a couple of washers. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Now take out the baffle's and get it on the open road
up to about 55or 60 mph you will think your in a cup car.......
Super loud

·
Registered
271 Posts
My Cruzers are due to arrive on the 5th. 310.00 plus free shipping from Midwest Powersports Inc. The stock exhaust is off the bike waiting for the Cruzers to arrive.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Damn! I paid 341 with free shipping from cruiser customizing, but then again they screwed up and duped the order and sent me another set for free(was temted to keep the 2nd set). Being the honest guy I am I called them and told them what happened, all I got was a RGA, not even a thank you.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Do the V&H's pipes say V&H's anywhere ? I'd think they would.
The pipes on my bike look like them, but they don't have any name on them ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Right ahead of the mufflers has the name stamped in them. Looks like you have cobras, not as large of mufflers as the V&H's, but I think Jardines have a similar shaped muffler of the Cobra also.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Thanks Woody, I'll double check that location.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
I've had my cruizers on for five years now and still love them... They are freaking loud which is what I like about them. They give the bike a great sound. Much louder then the V&H Dual Baggers that I have on my Nomad...

I have absolutly no problem with the centerstand hitting the pipes. Make sure that you use the stand-off bracket that should come with your cruizers. Here is a piece of advice... Go to Ace Hardware and buy two stainless sockethead bolts to attach the bracket with along with stainless lock-washers. This is a high crud area of the bike and the stainless will not fail you. Also, before you install the bracket, ensure that the area is clean and run the bolts in the mounts to ensure that the threads have not been compromised or damaged. Some bloody moron in my bikes prior life attempted to attach something there and nipped a thread which I had to run with a metric tap to clean up the threads.

When are you going to sign up for Windy City VROC for the local Vulcan rides??? www.wcvroc.org

·
Registered
659 Posts
If any of you are interested in getting rid of your stock mufflers let me know. I have been looking for a set. Mine had the baffles removed before I bought it.

Joe

·
Geek
872 Posts
I have a pair of stock mufflers. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts