Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used V-Force on eBay for a whopping $26. Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for these? I received the shield and a bag of clamps, etc and am not exactly sure how the pieces go on the bike. I'm sure it's not rocket science but I've not dealt with windshields before.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not sure about the V-Force, but my national uses a clamp on each fork tube and one on each side of the handlebar.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I just picked up a used V-Force on eBay for a whopping $26. Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for these? I received the shield and a bag of clamps, etc and am not exactly sure how the pieces go on the bike. I'm sure it's not rocket science but I've not dealt with windshields before.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris -

Give PM me an email address and I will send you the install doc as .pdf.

Jon

·
Scratches in the dirt ...
34 Posts
There are directions at the kawasaki site:
http://tinyurl.com/39rxcy
Then click vulcan 750
then click windshields (you don't need to enter a year)
then click on windshield v-force
then click important information
You'll get a pdf file of instructions
Not sure why the tiny url didn't just go there though. Sigh.
This'll get you there.

I just put one on a month or so ago it isn't too hard with directions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there only one type of windshield for these cycles. I also need to buy one. Never knew how shaking wind can be when riding at 70mph.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Is there only one type of windshield for these cycles. I also need to buy one. Never knew how shaking wind can be when riding at 70mph.
The V-force is nice IHO it diverts enough of the wind to eliminate the wind pressure, but still gives you alot of "breeze" to keep you cool. It is fairly adjustable too. Plus it has the Vulcan Wings etched on it, which makes it cool!

·
Registered
37 Posts
two clamps of one set of forks and two clamps of the other fork. Per fork/side- One for the upper mounting point and one for lower.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The V-force has amount on each handlebar and one on each side of the headlight bucket. It requires replecing the existing bolts in the bucket with special ones.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
There's plenty more than a couple shields that'll fit the Vulcan.
If a shield only has 7/8 handlebar mounts, it'll most likely work.
If it has fork mounts, they need to be the right size or have plenty of adjustment (hose clamp type mounts)

I have the Plexifairing 3 on my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts