Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the looks and construction of the Kawa V-Force windshield.

I am concerned that it is not high enough for me a 6' tall. Main purpose for the shield is for wind deflection on the highway at 75 mph or so :).

Feedback is eagerly awaited.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a v force. It mainly keeps the wind off my chest. I ride on the highway a lot and it helps at higher speeds to keep the wind from pushing my body back. I like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maverick said:
I have a v force. It mainly keeps the wind off my chest. I ride on the highway a lot and it helps at higher speeds to keep the wind from pushing my body back. I like it a lot.
Does the wind catch your helmet more with or without the shield?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm only 5'8 and I have the angle of the windshield set so the wind hits the top of my helmet. I also have a saddleman's seat so I sit lower also. To answer your question; for me the wind hits more without the windshield.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the plexstar 2 and very happy with it
I am 6 foot and you get no wind at all you
look through it not over it..........

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I got the VFORCE and didn't think it blocked enough wind. I ended up going with a national cycle. Much more expensive but I'm very happy with it.

If you decide to get the VFORCE, I'll sell you mine for 1/2 price plus actual shipping costs. It's in perfect condition.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark said:
I got the VFORCE and didn't think it blocked enough wind. I ended up going with a national cycle. Much more expensive but I'm very happy with it.

If you decide to get the VFORCE, I'll sell you mine for 1/2 price plus actual shipping costs. It's in perfect condition.

Mark
Mark -

Check your private messages.

Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 6'1" and the VForce is definitely not high enough. It's just high enough to redirect all the wind directly into my face. It's only about 13" above the head light. I'm now in the market for something at least 19" to 20 ".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a V- Force windshield.
Above about 35 MPH it starts to vibrate and creates a high frequency turbulence around my helmet. Any suggestions?

Gerhard

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Adjust the angle of the shield. Perhaps you have it too vertical (or not vertical enough). Try matching the angle of the forks as a starting point.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts