Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a Kawasaki V-Force w/sheild for my 2005 VN750. I'm 6' 1", 201 lbs. Would this sheild be big enough for me? Please comment on the pros and cons. BTW, would Rain-X work to protect the sheild from UV rays? Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
The V-Force shield might work for you. I have the National Cycle Plexistar 2 fairing on mine. It is close to the same price. It is about 3 inches taller than the V-Force and wider, thereby knocking more wind off. The wings take some of the wind off your hands as well. I am 6'-0'', 230 lb. and the top edge of the shield is located where if I'm sitting tall in the saddle I can look over it, but if I am hunched over a little I have to look through it. A shield that is too high can be cut down, but you can't do much with one that is too short.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Do not use rain-x on non-glass windshields! I believe if you read the fine print it will warn you also. Also do not use windex or any other ammonia based cleaner.
I clean my windshield with regular water, from a spray bottle, let it sit for a bit to soak off the bugs and clean with a soft cloth (No paper.. paper is wood based and will scratch). Always clean in an up and down motion.
Once it is clean I polish it up with slipstreamer windshield polish so the rain will bead up and slip right off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Lady Di;

Do you have a Kaw w/sheild? Do you think that the Kaw w/sheild has enough adjustment to eliminate most if not all of head buffetting?. Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sgt. Mike,

Many seem happy with the V-Force windshield. I had one on my '03 VN750. While it certainly offered some protection from wind buffeting, I was not happy with it. It was the narrowness that I didn't care for. I replaced it with a Memphis Shades Fats 17" windshield. I then had a local glass shop reduce the height to just under 15" (about the height of the V-Force). I like the extra width, and the altered height allows me to look just over the top of the shield, which is what I perefer. I am 5'8" tall, so you would probably prefer more height on your shield.

All-in-all, it is a matter of what sems right for the individual rider, and some trial and error are involved in obtaining the right shield and getting it set up in a manner that best suits your needs.

Good luck,

Neal/Ratty

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I decided on the National Cycle Street Shield EX. It is wider and slightly taller than the V-force. It has 4 point QwickSet hardware for easy installation and removal, and costs less than the V-Force.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts