Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hobocop
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, due to constraints where I stay I have had to purchase a different RR than to my VN750. The RR 31600 413 008 I have (new) belongs to mostly the Honda m/cycles CB400T Hawk, CB450T Hawk, GB500 etc.- I have no problems with the 3 Yellow leads - however there is a Green, Red, and Black - obviously made for Honda wiring. The question is which is what - I cant take for granted and connect or can I - I just had my stator rewired so I dont wanna go there again. Any help will do. I have looked at "Honda's" wiring diagrams but little satisfactory joy. The RR was made by CHENG LUNG - yes... a curse-word for some...but here I sits and thinks. Any help please. The whole item looks good and is new.
RR has 3 Yellows(incoming-no probs here), red, green, black - same as the VN - but ????
Any way to test/isolate the leads will help.
Also it is a 55Amp version - comments please.
thanks to All. Great site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes you can. Don't know about your 55amp rr, but I have successfully taken an 8 pin rr from an 83 Goldwing and made it work.

Yellow to Yellow
Goldwing 2 reds to Vulcan white
Goldwing 2 greens to Vulcan Black-yellow

I only have about 6 months on it, but only it converts volts from AC-DC it really shouldn't matter after that. I may have been able to get away with eleminating one of the reds and greens. But I figured they where extra because of the extra voltage requirement of Goldwing and it couldn't hurt with the vulcan an its electrical handicaps.

Good Luck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Off of the top of my head:

If you can start the bike off of the old RR, just disconnect the stator and hook it to the new RR. Test the voltage between each of the 3 wires, the B+ and B- should read 12-14volts. The other wire is what I think they call the "Monitor" line on our bikes...

Anybody else? No?

(edit)
Just for completeness on our motorcycles:
M (monitor) is Brown
B+ (positive) is White
B- (ground) is Black/Yellow
...as per the manual
(/edit)

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts