Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me just say that all this BS about Sea Foam is a bunch of horse hockey - at least that's what I thought until I ran a can of it through my engine.

I have 17 K on my 2003 Vulcan and it was running a little rough. I checked all the usual stuff - plugs, air filter, vacuum balance - and then bought a can of Sea Foam and have ran four doses of 4 oz. per tank of gas through it. The first two treatments did nothing and I knew I'd wasted my money. I didn't use any for two fill-ups after the second treatment and the bike was running better. Two more tankfuls and the bike is running like a champ. Faster starting, smoother idle and take off, and better mileage. I think my teeth are a shade whiter too :eek: (okay, just kidding). I am up to about 140 miles before going on to reserve, from about 130 miles.

Good call guys - and thanks.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
i ran it regularly and nothing but good things to say. plus it brought back my lawnmower to life!

seafoam whitens teeth too?!! i did not know this ! so cool! whiter teeth here i come!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Sea Foam is the best stuff I have ever used, Yes it worked in my Lawn Mower to.

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
Seafoam for me....

Just before I put my bike up for the winter, I dosed the tank up with Seafoam and ran the bike to make sure it got well into the carbs and into the system. In just the short time I ran it (had a warm spell before it got cold) I noticed an incredible boost in performance. Now, I can't wait until it gets warm so I can ride my 'new' bike.

Seafoam is a great thing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would love to run some through my VN, but I haven't found anywhere in Australia that has Seafoam, and most places have never even heard of it.:(
What am I to do :confused: , can I buy it online??

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've tried several boat shops, but had no luck.

Thanks for the links.:smiley_th I e-mailed the company to see if I can get my hands on it anywhere in Oz. If not I'll try ordering some from the other link.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Another seafoam shoutout. Had my riding lawnmower out of the shed putting on new tires. It hasn't fired up since September. I put some seafoam in the fuel tank and ran it for a few minutes before parking it for the winter. I did the same to my weed wacker and tiller, chain saw etc. Got the new tires on Saturday and put the key in. At first it didn't want to turn over as the battery was weak from the winter. (I'll put the battery on a charger for a while to get it back up to par) but the next turn of the key and the mower turned over and immediately started up and ran great. This is the first time in 12 years that I haven't had a monster time starting the mower after the winter. I shouldn't be surprised!

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Have had good results with Sea Foam also, but would like to know if there is a shelf life on Sea foam like its competitor that red stuff?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I go through it too fast to worry about a shelf life.:D SUV, Truck, bike, mowers, etc. etc. etc. And my Autozone is usually down to 1 can when I pick some up so I think the secret is out around here. It doesn't sit around long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts