Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a mint 750 at Saddle brook UPS the other day and wanted to know if it was someone on here. Black and red stock paint. And black leather tassels on the brake and clutch lever. Also had a cargo bet holding his pack on the seat.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Far as I know, yer the only one from here in that area....were plannin a ride this Sunday....gonna come ?....mebbe next weekend too, supposed to be warmer.....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to KC earlier. Supposed to be picking my other bike up Sunday but it looks to be falling through. What time you guys heading out? I gotta find some warm clothes haha. Gonna be 51 the highest

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I talked to KC earlier. Supposed to be picking my other bike up Sunday but it looks to be falling through. What time you guys heading out? I gotta find some warm clothes haha. Gonna be 51 the highest
You need warm clothes at 51?;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol I've never been a winter rider. I never wanted to be on my old crotch rocket. However the vulcan seems to always have me wanting to take a ride. I went riding a few weeks ago in 50 degree weather and my hands ached. I found my old driving gloves so I'm gonna look a little odd but I'll wear them. Also bought some long johns so I may be alright.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I ride all year.three days ago was 26 and i WASN'T dressed for it.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
We postponed that Sun ride...too cold for old farts like me.....

Ya know, Kenny (Merc's) dad gave me a few words of wisdom from an old biker that was older than either of us.....

"Come winter, you ride to your age....if youre 55, you dont ride when its under 55.....if yer 65, you dont ride when its under 65...."....besides for a few guys who are exceptions to the rule, Im seein this as being pretty much a rule of thumb....its one thing in the cold local at 30 mph....but real ridin ?....Ken Sr said it right !....:beerchug:
You kids can go get frostbite, then have yer fingers turn green from just holdin a cold beer like me, lol....it gets cold, ya get a fire lit, hook up with a nice POA, and stay warm for the night....word....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
We postponed that Sun ride...too cold for old farts like me.....

Ya know, Kenny (Merc's) dad gave me a few words of wisdom from an old biker that was older than either of us.....

"Come winter, you ride to your age....if youre 55, you dont ride when its under 55.....if yer 65, you dont ride when its under 65...."....besides for a few guys who are exceptions to the rule, Im seein this as being pretty much a rule of thumb....its one thing in the cold local at 30 mph....but real ridin ?....Ken Sr said it right !....:beerchug:
You kids can go get frostbite, then have yer fingers turn green from just holdin a cold beer like me, lol....it gets cold, ya get a fire lit, hook up with a nice POA, and stay warm for the night....word....
Yea i can see that,brother .lol.40's are starting to feel cold;)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....Hay.....jack.....when I was your age, I was ridin in 10 below in the Adirondacks....in a tee shirt....with a she bear ridin bitch....hay....leather face mask, Sorrels, and a full Carhartt....Id rather sit inside, watch the flakes fall, and sip on my hot bloody mary....

You never heard of a hot BM have ya ?....make one like normal, but with half the TJ....top off with a hot beef boullion....they used to sell a "Beefmato" (like Clamato)....I use College Inn Beef Broth now....I used to just heat that up and add it to a bloody mary....GOTTA have horseradish though. lime juice....them mixes dont cut it....and a celery stick...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I've gotta try that.hell haven't had a bloody mary in a while either .remember both the beefmato and the clamato

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm 29. Sure as hell ain't riding if the weather is even near that haha. I thought 55 was cold and I had no gloves. Hands were just locking up at 80mph

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Last winter lost a glove and was running late for work,so i wore just one(and it helps that my name is Michael.lol)was 25 out.then started up the grille and was cooking breakfasts .

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts